Foolproof Seed Raising Techniques

Northern Rivers NSW, Australia(Zone 7b)

The one part of gardening I have always had problems with is seed germination . What are your own best tried and true methods and at what stage do you ;
start to feed seedlings?
plant out into bigger pots ?
start to water ?
Looking forward to the various replies .John in OZ

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

John, Why don't you a search (box down on lower right "search the forums") for seed starting? There have been lots of good threads here on that subject.

By the Way, why do you say you are in OZ? Just curious.

Thanks Darius. Just had a look .John in NSW AU

John, You didn't answer my question about OZ...

"of the mountain",nice name. have been playing with the Search Engine function and once you find the Keywords it uses its great .
Seed raising mix ,seed germination, seed propogation.Different story. OZ (Australia ,Aussie John),nothing complex used this in the old days as global co-workers thought I came from Austria ! I hope this answers your question ,regards "man of the wood" Holt .My surname.

John: :)

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

the Norman Deno method is an excellent method for germinating seeds. Since using for the first time in March 03 it will now be my main method.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Thermostatically controlled bottom heat.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Bottom heat, start seeds in margarine tubs filled with vermiculite. Keep moist. Transplant into pots ( six packs, whatever) when first real leaves appear. I use real weak fertilizer or special seedling food about the time I transplant, weekly, thereafter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.