photos of

Murrells Inlet, SC(Zone 8a)

our big Dave's garden brug family.
I thought it would be nice if we all posted a pic of ourselves here so we can see what each other looks like.
I know a few of the people here have met in person but for the most part most of us only know the other as just some words on a screen.
So i'll start with a pic of me in Huntington,WV in December of 2001. This is in front of a very frozen fountain at a city park.If I look cold,it's because I am!! It was only about 16 degrees that night!
This is the first time i've scanned a pic and attached it here so hopefully it'll turn out alright!!

This message was edited Oct 28, 2003 8:30 PM

Thumbnail by dmichael619

this is a yard fountain in someones yard right across the street from the place i'm standing in the above photo.

Thumbnail by dmichael619
Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm not shy!!!!I too like to put a face with the name!

Yesterday.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

where you going with that banana tree George of the jungle?

I just leave mine right in the ground. Our winter aren't harsh enough here to justify digging them. Besides like yours they get TOOOOOO big to move!!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I take horrible pictures, so therefore, there are very few taken of me. Here is one that was taken when I won the brug contest a couple of years ago. Believe me when I say I didn't want to have to post the picture back then. Since that time I've decided I'm so old, I shouldn't care anymore.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Brugvalley, Germany(Zone 7b)

Thats me.

Thumbnail by Ludger
Homestead, FL(Zone 10b)

Greetings! This photograph was taken in June, 2000. :-)

This message was edited Oct 28, 2003 9:15 PM

Thumbnail by delecie
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

this is me, not a brug queen crown though:)

Thumbnail by tiG
Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

LOL!tiG!

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Great thread David! After our RU, there shouldn't be any reason not to fill this baby up! Gotta steal tiG's photo again tho, are all our RU pics ok to use?

(BTW, I sure hope kell changes her bikini this time!)

Here's me and my brug again.

Thumbnail by violabird

Hope to see many more faces on here tommorow! Like Root said it's always nice to be able to put a face with a name. If all of you are like me,when you talk to someone on the phone that you don't know,you always try and create this mental image of what you think the person might look like.
This way by posting here we'll all be able to see just how close our mental image is to the real thing!

Medford, NJ(Zone 6b)

Don't you all look wonderful!!!! Here I be!!! LOL Took this picture to show my Mom my new 'doo' Taken in July- I think.

Thumbnail by datdog
Medford, NJ(Zone 6b)

Let's try that again... I don't like my picture taken so they are all made VERY small.

Thumbnail by datdog
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I hate having my picture taken too. I think I'm the most un-photogenic person there is. This one was posted last year so I spose it won't hurt to put it on again. I'm holding up seed pods Susie sent. She felt sorry for me cuz I didn't have any pods - Lol!

Thumbnail by poppysue
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

This was a wonderful idea, David. I wish my scanner was working. It's so nice to see everyone's picture, because then you really feel as if you know them personally.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi David,
When you said you wanted to do this ..I promised I would contribute.
So here it is ..
My son, Kevin, snapped this a couple weeks back just as I cut canna 'Omega' after the cannas frosted.

Don't be to critical. Unlike Rooty .. I am shy. LOL

It was a looooong today .. and going to bed now.
Nite!

Thumbnail by Abutilon
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

What fun!! LOL root you are such a hot ticket! Gosh Brugie what a great prize you got!! Vi, your Star Dancer is so big! Why can't I happen to find one layng around like that? LOL
Gosh Datdog and Poppysue, you 2 are such pretty babies! David looks so cold and Ludger and tig look so happy! Hi Delecie, it is so nice to meet you!

and Hi Alice!! You snuck in there on me..so nice to see you too!

Ok here I am.........

This message was edited Oct 28, 2003 9:18 PM

Thumbnail by Kell

I'm the one being attacked...No worry, I'm use to it! lol

edited to say, Delecie nice to meet you at last!!

This message was edited Oct 29, 2003 12:38 AM

Thumbnail by
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Well here I am out in the boat birdwatching and it's only 25 degrees. Brrrrrrrrr

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

So nice to see you all. This is a pic of 3 of my grandsons & me when they came down to visit me from Ga in June.

Thumbnail by Melba_Ga
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

what a hoot!!! Alice and Delecie, you are both beauties. Gagalin, it's very nice to meet you :)
Donna, that is just too much!

Gagalin, nice to meet you too:)

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

What a great thread!!!!I can tell I will be referring back to it!I love seeing all of you.
Like meeting best friends after a long absence!
Just gotta say LOL at you Donna!!!!!!!
Kell,I still say Hubba Hubba!You Nut!
Shirley I just wanna hug your neck!
Alice,Dang Girl,you still have a ton of canna to go!
Gagalin,I'm loading my cooler,what a great looking gang!
Kristi,I love the Doo,(no pun intended)
Poppy,You are too young for so much knowledge.
Delecie,Hubba Hubba!
John,Your as nuts as Kell!
Vi,I want cuttings of the Drive by Brug!LOL!
gotta go to work!

Alice,
What are you doing to those cannas? They look like trees! Very nice and healthy looking. But I "AIN'T" getting started with those. I'm in over my head now as it is with the brugs!(LOL) And the collection seems to be growing almost daily. Well maybe every other day.

Glad to see everyone sharing their pics here. I've had this on my mind to start this thread now for close to a month and everytime I sit in front of the computer it just slips my mind. Alzheimers I guess. At 36 i'm probably the worlds youngest patient for it!!

I really wanted to use a pic of me with the brugs or in the gh but currently do not have any. So I used one of a winter vacation 2 years ago. I still look the same though. Sometimes I have a little less or a liitle more hair. That's by choice not heredity. I either go with a lot,a little or nothing at all. Yes I mean completely bald.

For those of you who don't know me,my real name is David and I live in a small fishing village called Murrells Inlet which is about 20 minutes south of Myrtle Beach,S.C.. I bet a lot of you know where that is!

I've been hot on the brug scene now since February of this year with no end in sight! Aside from the brugs I grow lots of perennials,tons of stapelias,a few plumerias and just a lot of this and that. I have my grandmother to thank for my love of plants. I am the oldest of 7 grands and she kept all of us as children in the veggie garden and in the chicken coops. Hauling in veggies and eggs.

Brugmania,what are the ruins of behind you in the photo?

Well,I guess I need to get off here for right now. I'm off from work today and thank GOD it's not raining. It rained hear from night before last all day yeterday and most of last night. I am looking at sunshine through my window as I sit typing this. Got lots to do outside including packing aand shipping some brug boxes so will check back in with the thread in a little while to see whats going on.

Everyone have a good one today. I'm going to since it's finally dry outside!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

This has been a fun thread. Everyone looks great. Kell - no wonder you have so much trouble with your back! Donna... is that really you?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Come on Kell, you sure have changed in the last couple of days. Dr. Jekyllina and Mrs. Hydro, I presume.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I couldn't find a picture of me alone. I have already packed all the photo's in preparation for moving. This is a picture taken a couple years ago with my daughters. We were on a weekend trip to Seattle. I also am the one that does all the picture taking in the family, so there aren't very many pictures of me .

Thumbnail by jerodsmom
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Tis I. LOL!!!!!!! But you wouldn't know me if you saw me on the street.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, that certainly didn't work out too well. You can't even see my face. Oh well. If I run across another picture I will repost it.

Patricia

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Kell, I hurt all over from laughing at your "photo".

I don't have an action gardening photo of me with hair back in a ponytail - all frizzed out, dirty hands and feet, no makeup, and my gardener's tan. But here's a picture of me taken at the recent GARU. Nat

Thumbnail by nathalyn
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, I'm so glad to see pictures of who I talk to on the forums. It is very good to know what you all look like. David, this was a good thread to start. I hope more people will come along and post their pictures. We can always bring this one back to the top as more new people join too. I do think we should beware of Kell though. Something fishing going on. In one picture on a different thread she is a babe and in the next picture, on this thread, she has quite a physical problem.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Too funny! I am on the floor!

Linda,
All I can do is laugh!! You deserve an award for that one.

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I hate pics of myself, don't have many for that very reason, but this is one my late husband snapped when I blew him a kiss, so it is a special one to me.

Thumbnail by MaryinLa
Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh man, that is ugly, playing with it in a photo editing program, this one maybe isn't so bad.

Thumbnail by MaryinLa
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

BAAhahaha! Linda, I think that's a little more than David wanted to see - ROTF!!

Medford, NJ(Zone 6b)

What a hoot Ihughes-

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Linda, that is just too funny!!! and nat, I can only think of you as a very classy Southern lady, can't imagine you with dirt under your fingernails and your hair frizzed!

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Please excuse my foolishness.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Boy tiG, have I got you fooled! I don't know about you guys, but gardening at my house is not for sissies! Laughing in Tennessee, Nat

Biel, Switzerland(Zone 7a)

What a great thread!! It is nice to put faces on names when I read posts..but Kell,you let yourself go this summer,lol!
Ludger,is this a picture of you in Georgia? You lucky guy,you got to visit one of my favorite states!!!
lhughes,that is priceless,rotflmao!!
O.k.,here I am this summer.I really hate pictures of myself,but my son Steven took this one while I was hacking my way through the Brugs.

Thumbnail by Gwist

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.