Chocolate MG?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Here is a pic of my chocolate mg that was planted this year. I purchased the seeds at a local nursery! I was so excited and just couldn't wait until they bloomed. I planted them far away from any other mg's so I could keep the seeds seperate! LOLOL Someone must have been colorblind that day! Oh well....I just love them and they are huge. Around 5" to 6" across the face. And the foliage is so different. It reminds me of the moonflower vine foliage. It is heart shaped and feels waxy, with a lighter color of green than most mg's! Oh well....it turned out to be a good mistake!

Brinda :)

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Up close & personal!

Thumbnail by Brinda
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh Noooooo...it sure isn't a chocolate.....and I was getting so excited to see more of the Chocolates......darn........well maybe I will have some of my own next year........
Dee

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

looks like the heavenly blue MG's. But the leaves sound more like the perennial MG.

edited to say, I was just reading today about the perennial MG being easy to start cuttings off of. Might be worth a try!

This message was edited Oct 26, 2003 6:27 PM

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Pudgie,

I have heavenly blue in a different part of the yard, but the foliage is completely different. Not heart shaped and the blooms are much smaller.

I wish I could show you the foliage on the one in this pic but my batteries on the camera died and don't want to recharge. (Time for new ones) I just ran out to find seeds and I can't even find a small pod forming anywhere. Is that strange? They were planted from seed. Do you have suggestions about starting from cuttings. I'm dense, have never tried to start mg from any cuttings.

Brinda :)

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

heavenly blue does have heart shaped leaves. they also have long gated leaves too .

http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/i%20-%20k/ipomea_tricolor_HB.htm

heres a thingy in the database. if you look at crimsons pic and carolannes they both have the different leaves.

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/31977/

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Brinda, it is very pretty. Think of me when you find any seed of this. I love blues. Is this picture of a single vine or have you put more than one? On what is it growing?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.