I can't wait to eat this.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

That is (RED RUBY) Grapefruit waiting for turn yellow so last year did not have much and this year come out more oh I am so exciting.

Thumbnail by REDROSE
East Barre, VT(Zone 4a)

Wow! Redrose, I am normally quite content to be a Vermont gardener, but when I see the beautiful citrus trees you can grow down south, my heart breaks with envy! Hope they taste as great as they look.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

How exciting to have your own supply of grapefruit right in your own backyard! Those look marvelous! Be sure to send a photo when they are ready to eat so we northerners can drool!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

RR, I used to live far enough south that we had fruit trees in our backyard. I really miss fresh-picked grapefruit, oranges, avocados and mangoes.

Your photo makes my mouth start to water.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Those will be good grapefruit, especially if you have gotten a lot of hot weather. I think the variety we have is called Rio Red. The outside of the fruits are distinctly pink when they are ripe. I always liked the Texas Ruby Red grapefruit that they sell in the grocery store, but home grown is even better, of course. I didn't know that one could grow citrus in Louisiana. Thanks for expanding my horizons. :-)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

It almost ready to eat OOOO my mouth watering can't wait to eat fresh one better than buy from store it good but fresh to pick one from tree best will post when it ready.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oooh I am so jealous, my dwarf ruby red has yet to set fruit. Too small I guess. Enjoy and let us know how good it is. I can always live vicariously through you. :)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Ok I will let you know how good it is >>> almost ready.
So nice to meet you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.