Double Morning Glories

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

These are blooming heavy and climbing everything in reach.

Thumbnail by busybee
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

wow what a pretty mg . never seen a double like that before. wow very pretty.

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful......

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

very pretty,mine didn't bloom.....maybe next year.....

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful. I've never seen a double. Remember me if you have seeds to share or trade.

I grew a MG like yours this year. It was very late to bloom, not until Sept. I doubt I will get any seeds from it. Very pretty, though.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Very pretty Busybee. If you get a ton of seeds, would you keep me in mind for a half dozen of them? Thanks!!
Shirley

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

keep me in mind too for some if you get tons. i hope you do as my luck with mgs this year was a drag. few blooms lots and lots of foiliage.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil(Zone 10a)

It is really a beauty!!!!
Please include me as a possible trader.
Thanks a lot
Lucia

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I have all of you down for some seed. Sandra is the first on the list I will try to harvest enough seed for everybody.

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

busybee - thanks so much!!! Your daffies should arrive in a couple of days. It'll be fun for us to compare photos next year and of course who can resist a beautiful MG! :)

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Sandra, I sent you an email. Let me know if you want it or them.

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

I'll check when I get home - I'm being bad, having a "sneak to DG on a Friday afternoon" - I reply tonight!

Ilsan, South Korea(Zone 6a)

Busybee,

Those are gorgeous morning glories. They actually remind me a little of roses or peonies. Wow! Where did you find seeds for such beauties? If you have a bumper crop, I'd love to trade some of my Japanese morning glory seeds for a few.

Sandra - Can't wait for another Japanese MG Coop in 2004! Thanks so much for bringing back so many lovely blooms for us from Japan.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

busybee...if you have enough please think of me as well.
I do have some seeds from the higher zones to trade.
Please email me for their names if you have enough.
Thank you.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

pinkangel420 and Lilypon, I put both of you on the list.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks busybee...I really appreciate it! :)

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Oh, busybee, those are truly loverly!

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

What gorgeous morning glories! Could I possibly get a couple seeds?

Arliene

This message was edited Oct 13, 2003 6:02 PM

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Arliene, I put your name down. Hopefully they will continue to bloom so everyone can have some seed.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Bee, do you have enough for me, Just a few too....Pretty plz make'um bloom some more......LOL
Dee....

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I sure hope so, Dee

Ohhh.those are lovely. Maybe if you have enough
to go around,i'd sure like a couple.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Ok bitty1, I am holding my breath that they comtinue to bloom and make seed. The seed pod is really small compared to the Japanese morning glories.
I would like to swap you for the wing gourd seed. (fingers crossed)

Sounds good to me Busybee. I cut open some
more gourds last night and they are drying
now. Thanks

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

What is a wing gourd? Sounds interesting.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

This message was edited Oct 15, 2003 12:44 AM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

These are great. How early did yours start to bloom Busybee? If you have enough maybe there is something for which I can trade with you.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Kell, They have been blooming for about 3 weeks now. Not all of the blooms are making seed or they aren`t setting. I have you on the list for some and will let you know.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

They are truly beautiful. Is there a chance I could get just 2 or 3 seeds? I've never seen double morning glories either! Doris

Ilsan, South Korea(Zone 6a)

Thank you busybee! Wow, I can see you have many admirers of your double MG. Busy you will be indeed. ;)

pinkangel420

I just got a good picture of mine. It is still holding on despite light frosts and I am praying seeds will mature.

Thumbnail by Studley
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh, Very pretty, I hope they make you some seed too.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Your blooms look great Studley.

Thsnks, Brugie. That was taken a week ago. Now most of the blooms are single, though still pretty.

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

I have a similar one on my front porch. I thought it would never bloom, I will try to take pictures. The person who gave the seeds to me called them "feathered" MG's.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Alyssum, That is what these were to start with. Their seedpod is round, then it started making a smaller vine, no bigger than pencil lead. The flowers on these vines are double with a different seed pod. The pod is small and has fewer seed. I don`t know why this happened but I am trying to collest the seed from the double blooms.

Studley, Is any of yours starting to be doubles? Check for a thin vine which will not have the hair or fuz on it but it will be almost slick. That is what is making the double blooms. Could it have reverted back?

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Interesting, my vines have a mix of the feathered ones and a few plain ones, I will have to look more closely to see if the feathered ones are doubled.

The photo shows my double bloom. The vine is now a pile of mush after a good hard frost last night. I will hunt for some seeds when I rip out the vine.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I need some addresses from the people requesting seed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.