Burning Bush Seeds to propagate

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Hello everyone, I have some seeds I picked from a Burning Bush at my in-laws house. They are burnt orange on outside and the bright orange seed is showing so I picked them. This is the seed correct? Do I need to let them dry out or something special...How do I propagate to get more of these beautiful bushes.

Check the pic out :-) The tree is alittle to the left.

Thumbnail by BrugAddict
CHARITON, IA(Zone 5a)

EVERY YEAR I HAVE HUNDREDS OF TINY SPROUTS UNDER THE BUSHES THEMSELVES WHICH I REMOVE AND TRANSPLANT. THESE START FROM THE TINY SEEDS FALLING OR DROPPING FROM A BIRD IN TRANSIT. THEY ARE VERY HARDY AND GROW WELL WITH EASE. I DON'T KNOW IF CHILLING IS NECESSARY IN YOUR ZONE HOWEVER. CAN YOU LOOK UNDER THE BUSHES AND SEE IF SOME SPROUTED THIS SEASON? IF SO - WATER WELL AND PULL THEM UP AND REPOT OR REPLANT. THE BIRDS WILL RELISH THE SEEDS YOU PICKED!!!! THIS WILL SAVE YOU ONE GROWING SEASON BY DOING THIS.

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Iowagal...didnt have any sprouts under the tree or I definetly would have opted to pull them up and save time. I wanted to know about the seeds because I would go get more and share with friends if I knew. We down have those type trees growing wild down here. Im thinking the seed may cause death if digested. From what Ive read, in the calm of the night the oils from the seed of this bush can be ignited due to the oils it has within the seed :-) Thanks hon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.