MG open all day

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

My heavenly blue MG is now open 24/7 for the last wk. or so. I've never seen one do this. Is this normal autumn behavior in z7b?

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Do you have pictures? Would love to see.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Unfortunately, the pix I have I can't download. I don't have the capabilities on my work pc to do that. If I can get seeds from my vine before the frost kills them, I will trade you for Grandpa Ott as per your e-mail. Is that OK?

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

My heavenly blues stay open all day in the fall too as long as the temperature is cool. They do especially well if it is overcast but they will stay open even when the sun is out if the air temperature is in the 50's or 60's.

Does anyone have seed to trade; I have some MG seeds I could trade.

thanks

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

TLC....I will have seeds of the one in the pic. When I purchased them, they were labeled Chocolate MG's! LOL Now see what they look like. They are absolutely huge and stay open all day when cool outside. These have only been blooming for a month or so, and I am hoping for seeds. I was disappointed that they were not Chocolate...but now I am happy to have them. They are not Heavenly Blue....I do have the HB planted on the other side of the house and they are very pretty, but a much smaller bloom. If you're willing to wait on seeds I will be happy to send some your way! Brinda :)

Thumbnail by Brinda

Beautiful pic, Brinda!
You have mail

Berrygirl
You also have mail

Thank you

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I have the HB MG and my blooms ARE that big!!!! Brinda, could this be what you have???

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

berrygirl.....when I purchased this seed it was marked 'Chocolate'!!! Imagine my surprise waiting all this time to see huge blue blooms. At first I just thought, oh...they must have mistakenly got a blue seed in there. But all of them are blue and huge. I have other HeavenlyBlues on the other side of the house that are not huge. They are 'just normal'! They are very pretty, but not large at all. Maybe I just don't know what HB is supposed to be, or look like! The bloom in the photo is about 5-6" across. My other HB's are maybe 3". What does your foliage look like berrygirl?

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Brinda, it looks like yours except mine's a bit ratty now b/c of "early" cool weather and the foliage near the ground has died back quiet a bit which I'm told is normal. Could there be more than one "Strain" of HB? I had it growing last yr. in another place and the blooms weren't as large as they are this yr. Maybe the blooms are affected by light, water or fertilizing? If someone knows, please let us know! BTW, what does the 'chocolate' look like? I had never heard of it til you mentioned it.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

My chocolate looks blue!!! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.