French trip

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

I'm off to the Auvergne for a while, so won't be posting after thursday til I get back. Will try to take some photos while there ;)

Here's one I took today, not in focus, but I think we surprised each other lol

Thumbnail by philomel

Also
I have lots of a large fungus growing on my lawn. Can anyone ID it please? I've tried, but it doesn't seem to fit any descriptions I can find.
The spores are rust coloured

Thumbnail by philomel
Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

Phil
Have a great trip!

Those look like Toadstools, have you had a lot of rain?

Vicki

Thanks narc :)
It's been really really dry.
These popped up before the heavy downfall we had a few days ago. But they're on my lawn every year
They're BIG - the caps are up to 6"(15cm) across

I'm trying to find out before next year whether they're edible - they smell quite pleasant. A bit past it for this year though...

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

bon voyage!

Merci bien :)
Hope the cold's better soon - if it isn't already...

Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

How strange to have fungus before a rain???

We have county agents that will come out and look at such things, would you have a resource that is similar?

PLEASE don't eat any of these :)

Vicki

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

Heheh, I will go to France on february...Our school set's a trip to some 25 person, and I thought to go. Next we will go to EU parlament, and tell about our country and school, next two days, we are circeling the city and the country.

Have a nice trip!

totally bunged up and streaming eyes

We probably had some mist and heavy dews before they popped up Vicki - and no, I wouldn't dream of eating any without a very positive ID saying they're OK LOL

Thanks Mitjo, and I hope you have a good time there too, when february comes. Sounds as if you'll see and do a lot!

Too many takeaways and not enough vitamin C (or ABDE and F LOL) mark *g*

I you gonna start another thread to tell us all about La France

I'll praps pop some of it here and some on a more general forum. Haven't downloaded photos yet - only just back and friends and family to visit etc
Had a great time though - very interesting and saw lots.

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

I looked through my fungi book, and the nearest that I could see was soap tricholoma, Trichiloma saponaceum. mind you, they all look similar.
I originally bought the book, so's I could go mushroom picking,and harvest loads of different types to eat. But seeing how similar the poisonous ones are to the edible ones, I was always too wary to try them out on the family.
J'espere que tu aime ton vacance.(school french..not brill :-( )

The first couple of days of the trip weren't in the Auvergne, but further west in the soft warm countryside of Quercy in the Lot departement. Lots of oaks and also walnut trees, full of ripe nuts!

We arrived in the dark (I went with Jane from Ireland who some of you will know from here and 'the other site' LOL and another friend of hers). When we woke the next morning this is the sight that greeted us when we went down for breakfast. The garden is still being developed and there were interesting plants and this lovely view

Thumbnail by philomel

Sorry sue, meant to answer you
Oui, la vacance etait tres agreable, je te remercie milles fois. (Le francais d'ecole aussi ;) Neanmoins, nous nous avons bien debrouille LOL
On s'amusent beaucoup :)

outside the french windows

Thumbnail by philomel
Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Ooh..that looks good. Enjoy your vacations Philomel!

Thanks saya :)
This is looking back up at the house - note the blue sky :oD

Thumbnail by philomel
Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

C'est tres magnifique,

Vraiment!! enhaa!!
lol

I haven't found T saponaceum pic yet, but I have a feeling you may be right sue

I've popped some more photos of the countryside on the photo forum for anyone who's interested :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.