Hollyhocks

Beachwood, OH

My newly planted hollyhock was doing fine but the leaves appear to be yellowing and dying. Is this plant prone to being eaten by insects? I'd appreciate some advice.

Ladysmith, BC(Zone 8a)

Hollyhocks are really prone to rust. Have you had a lot of rain lately. I live in 'Rainy BC' but so far my hollyhocks look healthy, not to say they will not get rust from all our rain!!???

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Beachwood, OH

Thanks so much for the advice - we have had a lot of rain. I will remove all rusted leaves & spray.

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Is Goldstrum prone to rust also?

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

I'm growing hollyhocks this year. Bought as young plants from local garden centre. Look as though they're doing well. Are hollyhocks strict biennials or is there any chance they might be short-lived perennials and give me something next year as well?

Hernando, MS(Zone 7b)

I got a start of French Hollyhocks from a friend. They are annuals, but reseed very easily. I found several seedlings this year and have dug them up and put them in several places in my garden. They are smaller than traditional hollyhocks and have a lovely purple and white flower.

Powhatan, VA(Zone 6b)

My hollyhocks have spidermites. This is causing some yellowing of the leaves. They are still beautiful however.

puttyrat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.