Lion's ear seeds.....Badseed, where are you?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I finally managed to get to some of the dried blooms on my 10 ft tall Lion's ear. They are sticky for sure but where are the seeds? In those pointy brown things? What do they look like?
TIA

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Weeds, I'm obviously not Michele, but yes, the seeds are in those pointy things. Just turn the seed head upside down and shake into a paper sack and if the seeds are ready, they will fall out.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh thanks Brugie! I just yelled for Seed because she is the one that sent me the plants. They grew so tall I was amazed and do want some for next year.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Oh my, I think Lions Ear is just beautiful. Kell posted a pic of one a week or so ago. It was so pretty. Brugie, do you grow them in Iowa? And do they get that tall for you there? What zone are they hardy to? Brinda :)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I don't know what zone they can take and behave as a perennial. I grew some from Badseed this year. Found that if you top them or pinch them back, they won't get as tall. Mine were probably around 7 ft, but I've had them much taller in past years. I'd like to have some seed from the one Kell has. It looks much different. Okay, that means I'm off on another search. My credit card statement will have to be hidden this month. LOL!!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Brugie, I always hide my statement!!! LOL Too many seeds and plants out there! If you have any luck finding them, please lmk! I found plants somewhere about 2 weeks ago and thought I saved it to my favorite places....and guess what? Geez...it must have been a blonde day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.