What a great site!

West Simsbury, CT(Zone 5a)

Hi all. I'm new to this site. Chooch suggested I come over and visit. Looks like a compiliation of very interesting info. I think I'm going to like it here.

I'm from Connecticut, zone 5. I have an old fashioned cottage garden, a woodland garden along the edge of the woods (aka deer food), and a few little gardens here and there. None are very big, but plenty for me to take care of.

I grow annuals, perennials, and herbs, for the most part and I've been gardening since I was a child. Always loved it. I'm 50ish now.. so that's a couple years.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Kansas City , MO(Zone 6a)

Hello Rosie! Greetings from northern Illinois, zone 4. Glad that you're here! :) Kathy

Welcome!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome to our garden party Rosie! You will like it here I think, so don't be shy, just join in and be one of the family. I am also zone 5, but there are lots of variations in zones. My zone 5 is quite dry, 10 inches of precip a year and low humidity. Desert type stuff grows here in the wild, sagebrush and even cactus, just one type I believe. The drying summer winds make your eyeballs dry out between blinks, and you can just emagine what is does to plants trying to just survive, much less grow! What is your zone 5 like? More hospitable I hope.

Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

Great to see you Rosie !!!! :))) I have missed your witty and charming persona over the last year . Great Gardening ( and golfing ;)) to you in 2001 !!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Rosie, glad you have joined us. This is a great site with plenty of good folks. I am in zone 9b. I love tropicals! Bye, Lisa

West Simsbury, CT(Zone 5a)

I peeked around and there's just a wealth of info. I posted my first question regarding heirloomroses.com.

I know I'll get good info. Thanks again for the welcome.

Hey Chooch! I can't wait to get out on that golf course. It's snowing, raining, sleeting, mixed here today. I knew I shouldn't have laughed at those ladies with the bright green golf balls....... They'd show up!

Waving!! Hi ya Rosie!! Long time no see. Take care.

Poland, ME

Hello from Maine and welcome! Isn't it great to be able to say what you want and not have to worry... The folks here are GREAT!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy Rosie... I just know you can get some good info here, and hopefully a good smile or two! Please feel free to share with also, okay?

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Rosie,

Your gonna love this place. I live in So. Calif. zone 10, and I love everything that can grow. My gardening area is pretty small, but I pack in what I can.

A big western welcome to you, Donna

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Hello Rosie,
I too am fairly new here, seems like such a close knit community. It has been a pleasure getting involved in discussions, forums and seed exchanges. Hope to see you in the forums.

Welcome, happy gardening and cheers

Pebble

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Gee, I wonder if I know you! So glad to see you here....smart guy that Chooch!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.