JP MG - Heian Izumi

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Got this one during the second co-op. This one is one of my more interesting ones - that I get up in the morning to go and specifically check - unreliable, but very pretty. If it rains that night, it will crumple, if it's too hot, it will wilt, very prone to tearing, also.

Other folks who got this one: Alyssum, datdog, DaturaPod, desert_rose, fairyhunter, michelleR, miss, momcat, poppysue, Seedsower, Shirley1md, Sue_WA, tiG, TwinLakesChef

Do any of you have some good pictures?

Thumbnail by sbarr
Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

I'm loving these pics, but I'm triple-green with envy! they are wonderful!!!!

Carena - I'll be posting for trades when these seeds ripen. I only need a dozen or so and will easily get more than that. That's one nice thing about MG's - the huge return on a few seeds planted. I'm trying to be careful to ID mine, but some of them have gotten tangled together so I'm having trouble ID'ing - but this one is pretty well placed.

Send me a reminder later.

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Okay, I'm still kicking myself for not getting in on the co-op, even a couple seeds would be great, I really appreciate it!

Carena, there is another opportunity for a co-op this winter. :)

It's hard to catch a perfect one. This is indicative of the ones that I often see in the morning.

Those seed pods are the red moonflowers. I'll be posting for takers when they ripen.

This message was edited Monday, Sep 8th 7:09 AM

Thumbnail by sbarr

But every once in a while there is a perfect one. :)

Note - it's definitely not as pink - more lavender.

This message was edited Monday, Sep 8th 7:10 AM

Thumbnail by sbarr
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

have you started trading seeds yet of this one??? had to ask!

Ohio - I have very few; my harvest was terrible. I got a very late start and our summer was very rainy. Many of the seeds got wet before fully ripening. You're welcome to a few if you want to try if you promise not to make a voodoo doll with my face if they don't germinate.

The lavender ones - I don't have any. I traded all but a couple of mine and then those somehow got mixed up with other seeds. So, I have a few bright pink ones and maybe a few other random ones.

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Hello! I had a hard time getting some good pics too. Large, beautiful blooms, but very prone to tearing. I'll check my photos when I get home from work and see if I can find anything worth posting!

Sandy

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

sbarr, I would love to have a few to try, and of course, I PROMISE no voodoo dolls LOL
I will send you an email
Thanks
Laurrie

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Ok Sandra, here's a couple pics! I went to check these every morning too...very pretty color and heavy flower producer.

Sandy

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

And another......growing with sweet autumn clematis.....

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

and last but not least........

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, I had not seen this thread. Those glories are all beautiful. WTG all of you. I hope there will be another co-op. I missed the last one.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I guess this would be mine? It looks more pink... doesn't it?

Thumbnail by poppysue

I think these are one of my favorites! I was thrilled to find five seeds this morning!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow!! Beautiful Sue.

Seedsower - those are beautiful. Is it spring yet?

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you all for the wonderful photos!! Makes me wish spring would spring forward a little quicker!

Rose Hill, NC(Zone 8a)

now guys remember these I. nils will cross so look out for some new "creations" come spring...
L

Hi Larry....welcome back. Good to see you! :)

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Larry, received my seeds today, wonderful!! Thanks again, and hope to see more of you on here again!
Laurrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.