JP MG - Fuji No Momo

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

These were either from the first or second co-op. Very pretty. I was getting a bit discouraged about not getting flowers, but I DID start late (and, overall, this is 3 1/2- 4 months after starting) so not really THAT bad. Does anyone else have pictures of this one?

I hope to collect a few seeds from this one - a half dozen for next year and a few to trade.

Thumbnail by sbarr
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

This in combination with your electric pink would make a stunning group. Very pretty!!!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Truly wonderful!

Tokyo, Japan

Ah - the Mt. Fuji Peach!

sbarr - was the flower as huge as it was billed to be?

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

I had other Japanese MG blooms that were bigger . . . here is my Fuji No Momo . . .

Thumbnail by Alyssum

This was not a large bloom, not sure the reason - maybe poor conditions. In a pot, started late and we have not had much hot weather.

I would guess smaller than palm size. The bright bright pink one is much larger, maybe 4X. So is Heian Izumi.

Tokyo, Japan

Alyssum -

The color of yours is so much different - is that the lighting or is it really violet-ish??????

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

I think it was the lighting -- it definitely was a pink flower.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I really like this one. Pastel pink isn't real common in glories. I've only managed to squeak out a few blooms on this one....

Thumbnail by poppysue

Sue - I have mine in a pot and I'm going to trim it back and try to bring it in for the winter. I have one other variety that I cut back that is 6 inches tall and threatening to bloom again.

Do you know anything about the viability of these over a winter if kept indoors?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I know Mike keeps them growing in his greenhouse during the winter. It's worth a try. The vine might get lanky and not look so great but if you can keep it going till spring I bet they'll be awesome next year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.