Curly cukes, why?

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

These are Marketmore variety as I remember, and last year they were straight, this year a lot of them are curling at the blossom end. They are growing on the ground and the curly ones are not bumping up against anything, they just curl. Some of the fruit is straight. Anybody know why?

Thumbnail by MaryE
Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

all kinds of plants seem to be doing strange things this year. Stuff that grew like mad last year is hardly growing this year........other stuff is taking off like crazy. My beef tomatoes are just a bit bigger than a cherry tomato :(
just crazy this year

Walkerton, VA(Zone 7a)

My Bushmaster picklers did the thing same too, and their yield was way low. They were also bitter despite all the rain we've been having here. I posted the same question earlier; but nobody could really come up with a difinitive answer.Check out this link:http://davesgarden.com/t/389193/

This message was edited Sunday, Aug 17th 7:20 PM

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Thanks, it has been a strange year for a lot of us I think. Mine taste good, they just look strange.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Mary same thing here too. Not as curly as yours but thin and curled at the top on several of ours. Weird! But they taste ok..... :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.