Tomato Blight or Blossom End Rot?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

The healthy one is from my garden, the spotty is from my neighbor's garden. I think it's a "tomato blight" (fungi). She thinks it's "blossom end rot" (a nutritional disorder caused by insufficiant nutiants when growing). We both are very novice gardeners... or could it be bugs? Her beans have spots on the actual beans and holes in the leaves... mine don't. Our gardens are side by side so I really think it's definatly not nutritional... but I could be wrong, her tomatoes are planted close together and mine are not.

Thumbnail by Crimson
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Not blossom end rot, and I doubt if it is bugs on the tomato. I would suspect that she has planted things too close together and doesn't have enough air circulation. What time of day do you water, what time does she. Watering in the evening causes some mildew/mold problems that might be her problem in both cases. I haven't had anything that looks like this, my climate is dry and I water near the roots, not with a sprinkler. I had moldy beans and strawberries one year when I watered with a sprinkler in the evening. Do you have a picture of her beans to show us?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.