cleome seeds question

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Where are the seeds for the pink cleome? I searched all through DG and online and I can't find that info. Someone sent me seeds several years ago and I finally planted them this past spring. Oh how I love these!! If anyone has the white cleome for postage please let me know. But if I can figure out how to save the seeds on these ones I'll have some for postage. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
"T" :)

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

The seeds are in the long, green fingers that develop below the flowers. Haighr's picture shows them well http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/3891/ As the blooms travel upward more pods develop. The ones on the bottom will start to mature first. The pods turn light brown and split open, revealing brown or black seeds inside. Sometimes they will split open as you collect them. Carry a bowl with you to dump the pods in as you pick them.

Grady, AL(Zone 8a)

I have some white cleome you can have for trade :)

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you poppy!! I thought that's where they might be but just wasn't sure. Butterflygal...do you want the pink ones for a trade? Email me....

Thank you!!!

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I like to get them off before they go this far,I will take a jar and hold under it,snip off with scissors.I have heard them called spider plants,maybe because the way the pods hang like spider legs.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.