Seed pod pics for the Database...

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Don't forget to get pictures of various seed pods as they ripen for our database. It's very helpful for newbie seed collectors to know what they're looking for.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I can't find this info. I did a search for "Seed pods" and didn't locate it.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Not sure what you mean, shitzumom. You mean you searched the database for seed pods? The pictures have been added to individual entries. A search won't pick them up unless "seed pod" happened to be in the name of the plant.

Look at the this lupine entry http://plantsdatabase.com/go/512/ There are several pod pictures that have been added. It'd be nice to have a seed pod picture for all the plants that a gardener might want to collect seeds from.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks. I thought you meant there was info strickly for seed starting and pod info. I got ya.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

GREAT idea Poppy! I have thought about doing that with all my new seeds, but didnt want to "clutter" the PDB with the seed pics. There have been so many times the clear plastic baggies with my seeds in them have fallen out of the envelopes I make with the names, I always hope and pray whatever it is that I am planting will grow, and look ok in the conditions, and places they were planted! Im thinking it would be helpful to put the seeds next to somthing you can compare the size of the seed to, like a dime or quarter??
I was also wondering if maybe getting pictures of plants that are starting to germinate would be helpful. Ive pulled my share of what I thought were weeds, but actually were the plant. Then I get so upset that the germination rate is so low! lol Go figure!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

good idea! and also another excuse to use my new camera!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.