Someone wants to hire me!

Montezuma, NM(Zone 5b)

I've never done any landscaping for anyone for hire. Since we are a small community word has gotten around about the work I've done done on my acre and a half. I have some opportunities to make some money doing what I love.

The first job that came up is on a 24 x 18 foot space. They want (near dead) grass removed and replaced with landscaping cloth, sand and brick. Then they will have an even smaller area they want to put in a rock garden. The couple that want this work have tried to get the local landscaper out to do it but he is always incredibly busy.

It's a job I could do. Last year I removed turf, tilled and added about 4" of compost in a much larger (probably twice the size) space. I also dug out room for a 300 gal stock tank layed in sand, leveled and landscaped for a koi pond and water garden.

I can do the work. I just don't know how to go about giving an estimate.

Any ideas?

kokopelli
maybe soon to be Gallinas River Zeriscaping!

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!