Smoke bush

Marshfield, WI(Zone 4b)

While walking by a smoke bush one day, I noticed what appeared to be seeds in the "smoke." Are they seeds and can they be started? If so, do they need any special treatment?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I know the smoke bush reseeds(find babies near the mother plant) but I've never tried growing them from seed.

Marshfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Calalily: Since they reseed, I will give it a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Thanks.

Decatur, IN(Zone 5a)

Hi,
I realize this post is older but I was wondering if anyone has tried rooting cuttings of a smoke bush?? I think ours need trimming and I thought if not too difficult, I'd root some to have for future trades. TIA,
Gemila

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

I would try some cuttings in the ground under glass jars, not in "hot" sun, but dappled shade,

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

With cuttings you can cut the leafs off except for the top two and apply rootone to the end of the stem, wound it on the bottom with a scrape for good contact with the hormone and have a hole already there before sticking it into the dirt as not remove any of the rootone powder....note: dont use the same powder for each cutting, for some reason it makes it harder to root, dont ask my why...my aunts advice there.

Make sure you keep it moist, misted and never in the sun until rooting occurs.
:-)

Good luck, hope this helps

Julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.