Grilling Vegies

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Easy way for zukes ,summer sq. and eggplant.Select 4-6 in. long..Slice in half lengthwise.....Dump into lg.bowl or plastic bag....I sprinkle hot pepper flakes and salt free steak seasoning.....Some olive oil......Shake to coat...put cut side down on hot grill........YUmmy ...>^,,^<......spices & oils are your choice...

This message was edited Friday, Jul 18th 10:48 AM

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Sounds delish, but I might eliminate the hot pepper flakes,I can't do heat. Do you ever parboil your veggies a little first?

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Lenjo, You can use whatever seasoning you wish,experiment it's fun , no biggie if you don't like one,....not like you ruined a volkswagon size T-Bone...lol. I just happen to really like McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning on some veggies,I use it on a lot of different things.
Go Italian or Thi or French or whatever's in the cupboard that you are in the mood for. By putting the little bit of oil in the bag with the seasoning,everything sticks to the veggies instantly,no waiting.
I would not par boil,you need to start w/ a good crisp veggie....UNLESSsss you have an urge to grill carrots or other hard root vege.. (._.?) Later,SB
*~*~*~*~*~ Ummmm, just thought of tater wedges.....

This message was edited Sunday, Jul 20th 11:08 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.