Seed Question

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I have Acanthus Spinnosus(Sp?)It has bloomed and the pods are swelling,I can use any help with how to collect seeds,When, how to store,where to buy leather gloves,LOL,boy this is one tough plant,just trying to look at the pods is prickly,should I just let it drop seed?I would like to trade it in the future,I'm not sure if I would be better off digging new seedlings or saving seeds.
THX Root

Wetumpka, AL(Zone 8a)

Hi, Just a suggestion. I use old knee high or regular panty hose cut off to collect some of my seeds while they are still on the plant. I have also used sheer fabric cut to size for larger seed heads. I place these over the seed pods with twist ties to secure. When Mother Nature decides the seeds are ready to harvest all I have to do is open my nice little package and store the seeds. The neighbors will think this is weird. I need to invest in some green sheer fabric I guess. Clair

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow Clair I was just looking at this plant 10 mins ago!I have a pod I took off,it was brown so I opened it,did not see anything that looked like a seed,I will take your advise and wrap the rest of the seeds,hope DW doesn't mind missing a pair of hose.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.