Anyone growing a Kentucky banana tree?

western Piedmont, NC(Zone 7a)

http://www.pawpaw.kysu.edu/

Thumbnail by gardengym
Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

A paw paw... we have one on the property if I can remember where... it just does it's own thing. We had one when I was growing up... I don't care much for the fruit.

Melissa

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

We have some on the property, and it took me awhile to find out which of the trees were paw-paws. Last few years, I even managed to get some fruit before they drop and disappear. They are very small though, and the numerous seeds quite large.

We attended a paw-paw festival two years ago, and they had huge paw-paws there. I bought several, saved the seeds and followed the instructions they gave and managed to produce seedlings from those. Haven't planted those in the ground yet - it will be years before we get any fruit from those.

rural, WY(Zone 3a)

How many years does it take to get fruit? I have a few seedlings coming to me.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I had to move my seedling and tried so hard not to damage the tap roots but I killed them....

If anyone gets any fruit this year I'd love to trade for some and get some seeds or seedlings......

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

I planted the seedling tree I got from Esther a few weeks ago. Never wilted before, during or after transplant. Going strong...

I never had one plain one yet, but I have had a few things made with paw-paws; yum! But it could be years before my seedling gives fruit. I can't wait!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.