Anyone Have Pics of Mature Apple Trees? Never Seen One!

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

Hello! I noticed on some of the threads that some of the gardeners here mentioned that they have large apple trees. I have never seen a mature apple tree and it is difficult to imagine a mature tree with big apples.

I live in Louisiana and apples don't grow well here. I do have a baby apple tree, a cultivar known as 'Anna' (developed for the South), and she has produced a few apples (pictured, below).

But it would be wonderful to see a picture of a 'real' apple tree. Does anyone have pics to share? Thank you.

Jean

Thumbnail by LouisianaSweetPea
Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Hi Sweet Pea, This is a tree in my backyard. It is quite large, although this picture might not do it justice. The apples are green and I have no idea what variety it is. I believe it is about 10 years old. This year it is loaded with fruit and was absolutely stunning when it blossomed. Wish I had taken a picture of that! Hope this helps your curiosity. Happy Day, K @ Misty Meadows Farm

Thumbnail by MistyMeadows
Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

"K" thank you -- what a gorgeous tree and an inviting-looking spot! I'd want to plop down under that tree with a good book. Thank you for the picture. -- Jean

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Sweetpea, I have some pictures of mature apple trees, but I don't know where they are. They are in an album I think, but I have many albums and the apple tree would be before 1994 when i moved from the orchard to here. i will try to find one and post it. Having lived in orchard country all my life they are so common, never think about taking pictures!!!! Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.