Looking for the unusal - need suggestions

Forest Park, GA(Zone 7a)

Howdy!

I am a beginning gardener (so don't let me bite off more than I can chew here) LOL. I am in GA, zone 7b. My lot is a 3/4 acre area that ranges from Full Sun to Full Shade. It's lake front so I have drier areas and moister areas. My soil is acidic.

I LOVE the unusual, however, I haven't acquired enough skill to handle finiky or hard to control / care for plants. HAVING SAID ALL OF THAT.... (lopsided grin), can you suggest plants. I am looking for a BIG moonflower or clematis. Know of any? I'll incorporate some daylilies because I think the more exotic varieties are cool! "True" blues are a must. FRAGRANCE... MUST HAVE FRAGRANCE...There is an Azalea (I think, could be Rhodie) that I saw once and can not find. It was BRIGHT orange-yellow...like fire!

(In a hush) I thought my neighbor's house was on fire and actually stopped to alert them. When I saw it was a flower, I knocked. The adult children couldn't tell me what is was. When a looked again, they had sold the house and (sniff, sniff, whine) the new owners replaced it with a BORING GREEN THING (lots of whailing, ranting and raving). (No offense to lovers of boring green things, LOL) Anyone have a clue?

Thumbnail by justjill3
This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!