Tie-Dye Morning Glory!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

This one bloomed this morning. I love the varigated foliage of the leaves and the bloom too!

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

This one bloomed yesterday.

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE
Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Hi Molly - they're both lovely. I'm still living vicariously through people and enjoying their pictures. Hopefully mine will be blooming this upcoming month!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

This is my first year for having these. I have always grown regular Morning Glories and the regular ones grow fast! But I found that these are very slow growing for me. I thought for sure they would take hold and run right up my gourd post and fill it in nicely, but as of now they are only up the post about 3' Maybe they will take off soon and cover my post and be in full bloom soon. So far I have only had about 4 total to bloom, so my chances of getting seeds for next year are looking kinda slim!
Hope your's grow and bloom really pretty for ya!
Be sure and post a pic K?

Tokyo, Japan

Molly -

Are these from the J-MG Coop??

(Either way, they're beautiful - Congratulations!)

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Nope these are just from a regular seed trade.

Glad ya like 'em!

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

very pretty. i hope they take off and produce lots of seed so you can share. how are the moon vine i sent you doing? mine came back from the root and are covering the fence nice i can't wait for them to bloom.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Hmmmm not sure if I remember. Sorry I have a very short term memory when it comes to seed trades(no offence) I know I have some seeds planted right beside my trellis and they wound up being a dark pink color, but they looked alot like a regular morning glory....until I saw the seed pods!! The seed pods on this plant looks JUST like a moon vine seed pod. Could it be the same as what you sent me??
I hate it when I can't remember things!

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

they were purple moonvine. light purple with a dark middle. my momory is not that great either could be possible that wasn;t part of our trade lol. i am going to take a picture this yr. i do not know what i was thinking last yr not taking a picture.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Truth is, I planted every last seed I had this year and believe me that was a TON of seeds! So if you sent me some, they are out there planted and maybe just haven't showed themselves just yet.
Now I do have a small vine that I started in the house that was a moonvine and the place I planted it wound up getting crowded out and I missed the blooms. I remember going out 3 mornings in a row only to see the wilted blooms. This one also has a moonvine seedpod looking thing on it. Possible that this is the one you sent me. Eaither way I am watching the seed pods on it and hopefully I wont miss them when they get ripe.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Bloomed this a/m

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.