A baby zuke - at long last!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I was beginning to think I'd NEVER get a single veggie this summer, when lo and behold - a teeny baby zucchini has appeared. One of the tomatillo plants is looking pretty good and putting on blooms (bear in mind that "good" is VERY relative this year), but the other one is struggling to produce any blooms. Hopefully they'll get in sync and I'll get some later on. The corn is up and going, and the okra are coming along, too.

The tomato and pepper plants are still quite puny, but I'm not giving up on them yet. (Hang in there Mel - I'm betting your raised beds will be great next year!!!!)

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Congrats on your zuc Terry. I'll be pulling the 3rd one off here in the next day or two. I ate 2 of them already :)
And I've got tomatoes now too but will have to wait until they ripen

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I see an inch long cucumber! My corn is up and so are the green beans. Weather is cool and the past 2 nights have been 40, not good for stuff that likes heat. Today got to about 65.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've got 17 surviving tomato plants and have about 6 little tomatoes the size of marbles. I envy your zuke!

As far as a veggie garden goes this year,I've resigned to purchasing my produce.

It's still too wet to work the ground...but I'm hopeful by the end of the week...

Raised Beds..Here, I come!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Well, for me not being a vegetable gardener, I'm having similar results as Terry, finally. Congrats, Terry, LOL!

I have 3 squash plants (one is a zucchinni) which have had lots of blooms, and finally ONE baby yellow crookneck. Needless to say, the slugs got it, as they did most of the blooms.

Yesterday, I finally put in some of the slug traps posted by rootdoctor, and today have more dead slugs that ought to be possible! I think if I keep it up (and the rains don't do us in) I may actually have a small crop of squash. I also have more blooms today that the slugs didn't get...

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Well,it looks like we are all in the same boat....literally.

Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

melody..you sure got that right! I'm like Mary_E. We have not had much rain...lots of cool days and bouts of sunshine...I'm holding my breath...hoping for some heat come July. Temps got to 72 yesterday and promising the same today. I'm beginning to think I need to build a greenhouse..lol

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

We are back to the 80's, nights about 50, woooopeeee! Normal weather at last. That's much better!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Well, I have now 'harvested' 2 yellow crookneck (and lost some to rabbits and some to rot), but the zucchini doesn't look too good. Actually, the plants looks good, just not the fruit. I think the rabbits got the first one but I'm still hoping for at least ONE for myself!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.