is this what I think it is

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

I grow a lot of things from packets of mixed seeds ,such as Chilterns 'lottery mix' in which could be anything. Well, this is a plant that I grew about 3 years ago, I planted it out last spring, and there it sat,I've not been able to identify it, until this morning. I've noticed that it's got flowers forming, and as soon as I saw them,I've got a notion that it's a hardy geranium....one of the tender sorts..could I be right?i know that the experts out there will know.

Thumbnail by sueone

here's another shot of it

Thumbnail by sueone

And finally, another seedling from my chilters mix was this plant/shrub. I know it's an abutilon, but how can I tell if it's a vitifolium or suntense.It's evergreen, seems to grow at a rate of knots,I have to keep chopping it, as I've planted it in front of my kitchen window (which is at least 10 /12 high up as we're on a hill)I hope to save seeds this year to grow some more,and these I'll plant where they can let rip

Thumbnail by sueone
Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

palmatum i think

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

yes Palmatum. I cannot grow this outside inthe NW it is too wet, but down in the southern counties I have seen them growing like weeds so beware!! When they flower though they are beautiful.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Both vitifolium and Suntense are deciduous according to my RHS book - can't find my Hilliers drat!

thanks, I checked them out on your archive, I'm so chuffed. Can't believe that I've been watching it all that time, trying ti identify it, and not even realising that it was a geranium...duuhhh....like I said as soon as I saw it this morning, and saw the flower buds ..it just came to me. Not exactly the brightest of sparks :-)
Must get a Hilliers,got most of the others,spend hours trawling through them, again and again,

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Yes I spent so much time going through Hilliers again and again when I first had a garden of my own. Still do come to that lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.