Petunia seedlings

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I took all of you guys's advice on how to sow and this is what I got sofar. Last year none of them popped up, so I'm pretty excited :)

Thumbnail by flowox
Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Flo: You've got petunias now. I would say a bumper crop.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

they're still growing strong but are still small.........hope they grow fast.........LOL

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Looks like you wanted to make darn sure you got some with all those seedlings! LOL. That seems to be the trick to getting things to sprout. You plant way too many and that will surely make them all germinate.
I had one that re-seeded from last year. I used to have trouble getting them to bloom also.
We have a nursery here and as soon as you walk out to the greenhouse you are greeted with their perfume. They sure smell nice.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow! They look great!

So how did you do it?

This message was edited Monday, Jun 9th 10:33 PM

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I just put some seed starting medium into one of those plastic try thingies, spread the seeds over the top and stuck it into my cheap little Big Lots greenhouse outside :)

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

Ah! Clever you. And you didn't cover the seeds with dirt. I am never sure which ones need a covering, so I just go by the size and don't cover the tiny ones which those petunias are. Sometimes it works, sometimes not! But yours are splendid!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

thanks, they are growing like mad and I think I need to divide them again so they have room to grow and finally bloom :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.