I love May.....

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

I was wandering around the old estate yesterday, the sun was out..the perfume wafting around the garden..don't you just love this time of year?
I got the camera out to take some shots of various plants.and took some general garden photos too..all the blossoms were out...the montanas...lilac...may trees...apple trees...it just looked fab, shame it doesn't last for long.

Thumbnail by sueone
Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I love May too, too bad Spring is three weeks late this year...

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Sue what a fantastic garden you have, so lush and green. Those clematis are wonderful too!

I love may especially this year where everything is growing so well. I was on my new allotment this morning. It was very warm, the birds were busying going about their business and there are a pair of robins that are extremely tame. They come within 2 feet of where I am digging in order to collect worms for their babies.

even the earth smells good ,whereas in the summer it starts to smell dusty,if you know what I mean.
I've sown some florence fennel and french climbing beans this morning.And my third lot of lettuice seedlings seem to have survived the attack of the monster slugs too!!..
Why is spring late there Evert? have you had cold spells?mind you, I can never remember when things come into flower each year anyway, that is, until I got my new camera, it has a huge date stamp on the side, intrusive,but ideal for mr with my attrocious memory ...LOL
There were some young blackbirds hoping around my garden as I walked up and down it,they didn't seem too bothered by me being there, but Mum was, she was up on the roof chattering away like mad at them.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Yes, a lovely time of year. Your garden looks a great place to enjoy it too!
It's gone chilly and breezy this evening, but we've just had three of the sunniest days for ages. I was lucky enough to be out in the country for two of them - listening to cuckoos and seeing all the spring flowers - bliss!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I don't know.. The Winter was pretty cold, and snow began thawing later than usual, that's the main reason I guess. And it was pretty cool for a long time. Now the weather is very nice, not too hot or cold on daytime.

Sounds good Evert.
I've just spent rather a long time trying to post some photos of early purple orchids - I'll have to try again in the morning when there's not so much traffic on DG :(

I can't believe what lovely weather we're having
After three wonderful days of sun and blue sky it suddenly changed to chilly cloudy windy late yesterday afternoon.
This morning we're back to blue skies again :-D

I stick the central heating on again yesterday morning, so it wasn't just me then being cold?
I tried to post a couple of other photos yesterday, but it kept losing it all,so I gave up in the end.

I had a guy in fixing a leak in the bath through the kitchen ceiling - it may sound daft but there were reasons
He was getting very worked up as things were not going well (an hour's job turned out to take four and a half!!), so he was definitely overheating lol
He had back and front doors open to create a through draught - It certainly did that!!!!

I've managed to post photos this morning sueone.
The earlier in the day you do it the better as it's the middle of the night in the states and fewer people are trying to access

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Mmmmmm! Lovely garden!

hope he's finished now philomel!...
thanks northerner

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

Lovely spot there Sueone, it looks well kept too.

Well done

Wintermoor

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

May is my fave month too. there is soo much going on. lots of flowers bloomin' and smellin', lots of bird activity, late evenings - 6 weeks to the longest day :-( -

Thanks sue, yes he got there in the end and the leaks are fixed :)
But today I'm freezing again lol. The guys are in putting up my new ceiling and they're working with all the doors open. It's blowing a gale outside and lashing down with rain and it's brrrr. Not like May should be at all :(

I always used to like autumn best, deep blue skies, beautiful leaves, wild and windy round Hallowe'en, but I've been converted I think. This time of year holds so much promise of things to come.

I know, I can't believe wer're almost half way through the year already. Scary.

it's an age kinda thang I was told recently

So how is that supposed to work then?

the older I get the faster time flys in. ask your nieces and nephews if it is a long time to wait a week for something nice and they will say it's a life time or something similar. we know a week is gone in a flash

Ah, I thought you meant whether you prefer spring or autumn etc was related to age lol
I am only too aware of how a year flashes past nowadays, whereas, when I was a child, it took forever to get from one birthday or christmas to the next. A cruel trick of the ageing process :(
Back then life stretched in front of you as a seemingly infinite experience, but now the realisation has dawned that it's necessary to sort out priorities, as, if we don't get them right, there's so much that will simply pass us by.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.