Lupi's Bulb Line Party!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

The line forms behind me "again" LOL Lets get this party started here while we wait for Lupi to get those bulbs dug out. She is such a fast worker, I'm sure it wont be long before she starts hollering she's done!
Miss Zany, and Miss Ponditis ya'll hurry up! The line will surely get longer as the day goes by.
Kicking back in my comfy lounge chair, reading my Birds and Blooms mag sipping on my Mountain Dew!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

yeah! I'm second in line! this is going to be FUN!! I brought lots of goodies!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok, you have me curious...........what's a bulb line party?

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/t/378567/
This should explain it. LOL We just kinda had our own party while waiting for Lupi to get the plants dug and listed for us to choose from. We started standing in line, and the next thing we knew we were having a party! LOL So now that we have all gotton our plants, she has decided to dig out some spring bulbs and offer them for shipping.
Sooooo I decided to start the party line over here so we could pass the time while we wait on her to dig them.
Feel free to join the party line! Just a word of caution though Ponditis has a bull whip and a goat whip to keep us all in line, and if that fails to work I have a water cannon that will surely back her up! LOL

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok, let the party begin!!!

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Molly, you promised I could use it when I want!!!!! Give it here, OK? Gotta keep it handy when the Winddy one acts up ;D

Carena, how about a poem?

I think that I shall never see
a poem lovely as a bee
A bee that is friendly hovering about me
Gotta soak them fast
Before they turn too awfully nast ;D

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Hey Molly. I sure hope you saved me a place in line so I can protect your interests. After all because of me those thugs in the last Lupi list were kept in line. So sorry Carena but my friend Molly has first dibs on who is in line next to her.

Lupi? Do you need me yet? Holler if you do and I will keep the wolves from your door.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hey Ladies and Gents! Doc and I are here and ready to camp out! Woof! Woof!

Actually, he is more of a Yap! Yap! Than Woof woof..

you know, ankle biter! LOL!

We need to get the BBQ going........

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Okay Pond, I'll let you take cuts but I gotta warn you, there's a rumor going around that someone ate LOTS of beans for breakfast. But come on, you can squeeze right in between Molly and I.

okay Lupi, here goes~

Here I sit all broken hearted....(haha)
Pond took cuts and we've just started!
If I get back to second place
You'll see a smile upon my face
I've got a chair and yummies here,
and a cooler full of ice cold beer!
I'm usually not a mean attacker
but I brought a really fierce weed whacker
You may ask, "why one of those?"
get too close - I'll trim your toes!!
So up in front is where I'll stay,
Try to move me... YOU WILL PAY!!

Carena, LOL you really have too much time on your hands! LOLOLOL Anyway to give you some answer to my taking a cut in line ahead of you. You must be the one who ate the beans and it will only haunt the others BEHIND you. If Molly ate those beans I will be putting in a pipeline back to you. You can bring a pipe and pass it along. LOL

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Is there room for me in this exchange?

Maxine

sure Maxine. You need to get in line and I will try to protect you since we have been friends for a while. Jump on in but don't let anyone ahead of you in the line. You might need a weapon too though.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

hey now, hey now.........no cutting line. Ouch, I got stepped on. Pond, where's that whip? I have to go find me a stick to fight off some of you.......LOL

Montezuma, NM(Zone 5b)

This sounds like fun. I'd like to join the party. Thank you very much.
Cathy

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

PARRRRRRTTTYYYY!!!! O what fun we're going to have I can see it already!!
Nope no beans here for breakfast! Must have been Zany! Knowing she is still camping out at the PO she is probably eatting cold porknbeans outta the can! I'm sure she'll come whizzing in here sooner or later telling us about her camp out!
Pond, you keep up the good work. I brought you a stool to stand on so you can watch the folks in back of the line and make sure no one is sneaking up on us.
O Lupi guess what?? I have good news...I bought you a brand new water cannon! I even had your name printed on the side of it just in case we get ours mixed up. Look out folks Lupi can get pretty wild my water cannon....now that she has one of her very own...there is no telling what'll happen! Love the poem Lupi! Could it be that I am the "bee" LOL just kidding
Carena, you are just too talented! Keep the poems coming and Pond and I will see to it that you stay up front with us K? Maybe if I keep you up front with me some of that talent will rubb off on me :) Don't take offence to Pond breaking in line, me and her go way back so it is just natural that I always have her by my side.
Flo, hun I am afraid you are going to need a big ole stick once the rest of the gang gets here you'll see what I am talking about! Might better get yourself some water balloons filled up just in case some one knocks your stick outta your hand.
Jump on in here Maxine, there is room for everyone!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Yep, these parties can get pretty wild! I've been gathering wood so we can have a giant campfire tonight! Hope no one gets scorched!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

You said water balloons and let me tell you. I have a ton of them loaded and ready to go if someone tries to throw me outta line :o)

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Wwwwwhhhhhooooossssssshhhhhhh!!!!

It was 80 here today, just had to cool everyone off! LOL Including ME!!! And the Bee! (Gotcha Molly ;~D

Before I forget, I will also be including some of my seeds in this list. They are of things that are ripening their seeds now, and are best sown immediately, not stored. So these are get 'em while the getting is good. Mostly they are of some of the bulbs, but will also include some things like bloodroot and Corydalis chelenifolia (sp) LOL I never could spell that one!!!! Fern-leaf corydalis. How's that? Too tired to go find out the right spelling.

Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

got room for one more in line?? seems like a great party!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

hop skip hop skip here I am. My toes a little sore just got my stitches out-hop skip sit!!! aaah I will wait right here with everyone-just watch my toe!!! :)

(Zone 5a)

Lupy I am telling mom on you as soon as she gets back.

Ok everyone I am going to sneak over to Lupy's house while she is sleeping and take the bulbs I want. I won't be greedy and take them all......I think that I'll leave about three bulbs.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

wait for me Wind, I'll help you dig...........that way we can take turns with our backs.......LOL

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

She may be sleeping but you will never get past us! We never sleep and I think I saw Pond wearing night vision goggles! That woman means business, don't mess with her or she'll start crackin' the whip!

Hey Molly!!!! I think we better both go over to Lupi's with our dogs in tow. LOL Wind and Flo have no idea how powerful our 8 dogs can be. They sure are in for a suprise when Oofduh (115 pounds), Jez (110 pounds), Big Bertha, Chub, Brownie, Nipper, Ginger (all four shar pei's) and my ankle biter, Whitney get there aren't they?

I have my fire hose ready for em too. I told Lupi that I would protect her and I will!

OK YOU GUYS BACK OFF!!!!! LEAVE POOR LUPI ALONE FOR A FEW WEEKS won't ya? After all she has shared her plants with everybody that wants em in the past and you sure don't want her to lose her giving spirit.

(Zone 5a)

Flo I don't know if I can trust you either, those are some beautiful bulbs she has there. Me thinks that you would be sneaking some out of my bag lol

Hey Carena where do you think I'm at now....Ah Ha!
Nobody can see the wind sneak in.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Can I join too? Sounds like a happy party!!!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Wind, don't forget the all black clothes, maybe some protective clothing that we can wipe down with some ice gel so the night goggles don't pick us up and lots of steaks for the dogs!!!!!!!!

(Zone 5a)

Flo those night goggles won't do any good when the Wind blows in, the whips and even rocks can't stop the Wind.
Shoot I'll just make a small gust of wind and spin them so fast they'll be dizzy and won't know what in the world happened to them.

I have sheets and sheets of lexan that we can use to protect us from the Wind and Flo.

djm, you are surely welcome to get in line. Welcome to our party! Now find some sort of protection and plunge on in. Oh and bring something to eat too. It is getting hungry out protecting Lupi from these guys.

I need a root beer.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Move over everyone! Medical situation here. Everyone back off and let me through. Dori just got her stitches out, so I'm here only to help her keep her foot safe and help her carry her bulbs.

Get back to your place in line Joan. I can tell North Dakota jokes till you are too red in the face to tell if you are Santa Claus's red suit or if you are a beet.

We will make sure that Dori gets her plants but I had BOTH knees replaced and I deserve second place as long as Dear Molly makes sure that I get a first choice on some of the things that she already has in her garden.

(Zone 5a)

Lordy what a nice way to start the morning, I am laughing so hard, Ponditis your a riot.

Hey where's breakfast? I'll order three strips of bacon, two eggs, two pieces of toast, strawberry preserves and a large glass of OJ, MMMMM that bacon sure smells good.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

You guys are soo funny! This is one cool party line!!!
Lupi, Put me down for some Corydalis cheilanthifolia.

With that outta the way I think I better get breakfast going. I brought a camp stove and frying pan so I can cook up the bacon and eggs. Pond where is the firewood you went after?? I told you that we needed to get that rounded up last nightand cover it up with a tarp so that we could keep the camp fire going all night and we'd have plenty to get it going again this morning. Looks as though you didn't cover it up good before Lupi got it all wet with her cannon! O well we seem to have some hot coles lefts so I'll just stoke it up and let the Wind blow on it in order to get that flame we are needing.
Huggle, get in line the more we have here the better the party will be!
OK ya'll lets make room for Dori, since she is still on the mend we might just have to put her closer to the front. Ya'll know how those in the back can get mighty pushy! They just might step on her toe back there!
What you all don't realize is, we are standing in the street in front of Lupi's house!! So Wind, you can't sneak past us and the dogs! I'm sure one of these dogs has been known to bark at the Wind!! So we'll know when you come blowing by us! O and IF you do manage to scoot past us, I wouldn't let Flo hold your bag of bulbs...I heard her trying to rip a hole in the bottom of YOUR bag so that everytime you put a bulb in the bag it'll fall thru and land in her box!! That Flo is mighty sneaky!
Welcome Djm! Glad to see ya join the party!!
If I were a light weight I might be worried about all that Wind...but being as me and Big Bertha(180#) are heavy weights we stand firm against the Wind! LOL

Shhh private convo here(Pond, don't you think we might need to let Joan come up front since she knows how to do Mediacal stuff? I mean what if someone gets outta hand and she gets in the middle of it, then who is going to help them? see what I mean? let me know what cha think)

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 29th 8:52 AM

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Would I do that? LOL
If I got them first that would be something else..........I won't take them though once they are yours :o)
So, I just have to make sure I get them first..........LOL

HEY, safe me some eggs and some of that bacon!!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Molly!!!! Don't think I can't I hear you whispering!!!! Don't get any big ideas!! I already gave up the #2 spot out of the kindness of my heart, and I quit torturing you with the bad poems, but that could change if you threaten my position! and I brought LOTS of bacon!!! is this the thanks I get? I have to be up front because I really, really want bloodroot and Corydalis

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Here I sit all broken hearted
Want to get my garden started
I smell bacon, I smell eggs
And the doggy sits and begs
You want poetry
But I wish I had a swing in a tree
Would invite you all over
Then you could play fetch with Rover
Guess I need to get something planted
But I always end up empty handed :o(

Ok, made that up while I was sitting here.......ROTFL

(Zone 5a)

Molly I don't trust Flo with my bulbs not after seeing the glint in her eye's while we were at Lupy's Sat.
I brought a big keg of ice tea and lemonade is anyone thirsty? Well come on over and help yourselves and I'll hold your places in line *giggle* It's hot outside here today and I know if you don't drink you'll get dehydrated.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Sniff Sniff...'kay, I'm back in my place again, but if any of you get hurt in the stampede, don't come crying to me! I'm busy drawing my garden plans and sipping on these nice frosty margaritas I had Sergios deliver. Wow, they make a great margarita and I ordered way too many. Sure do taste good on a hot day like this. I think I'll deliver one up to Dori, she looks like she could use one.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I see how you are Wind........turn on me why don't you? Fine.........you can have all that ice tea to your lonesome self. I'm going over there with Joan, those margaritas look waaaaayyy better than ice tea........ROTFL

DORI!!!!!!!.......WE'RE COMING WITH MARGARITAS!!!! :o)

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I just called Sergios back and they are bringing over a bunch of chips and salsa too. I actually like it here at the end of the line. Makes it easier for the delivery guy to find me. :)

Susan, glad to have the company. It's gonna be a battle to get the margaritas up to Dori. This is a tough crowd.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.