Morning Glories

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I finally got brave enough or foolish enough to plant some of my seed MG outside. I planted 8 Grandpa Otts against the new white lattice in new Woodland Garden area. They were beginning to twine around each other took me awhile to untwist them. Also planted 6 Ipomea Red Cypress vine around a 4 x 4 with chicken wire around it for them to vine on. It was cloudy when I planted them Wed. and rained all day yesterday, to unless we get a frost they should be off to a good start. Donna

Montrose, PA(Zone 5a)

Rutholive, I just love morningglories. Last year I grew Flying saucer in my half barrel. Only one survived but it wraped around my gazing ball stand and out and was beautiful. around the outside by the rim I had all these snapdragons that reseeded themselves from the year before.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I love morning glories. I did get to shoot this picture while they were still blooming but this was last year. At first they seemed to not grow and then suddenly grew like mad.......LOL

Thumbnail by flowox
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Donna, stay tuned to this forum as summer progresses and the morning glory topic really heats up and you will see some unusual beauties.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Any MG expert, do you think it is a bad idea to plant MGs in a urn with heavy feeders like wave petunias?

thanks

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

here`s MG seedlings...all but that in circle...

Thumbnail by Mitjo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.