First time from seed!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

These are sweet peas. They look twice as good today, this pic is a week old. These are the first plants I have EVER grown from seed and seen bloom. Now I feel like a gardener! :)

Thumbnail by ecobioangie
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Watch out, it is very addictive, pretty soon you will be so hooked. LOL

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Haha, check out the pic of my 'greenhouse' I posted in the propogation forum on Badseeds thread about 'look what's up in 5 days'. It's already too late! Thank you Pinetree seeds.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Angie, the next stop is cuttings, that is pretty exciting. All these new plants for a fraction of the cost from the garden centers/nurseries. Do you use a heating cable to get your seeds to sprout? My DH got me one for Christmas and it is wonderful. I have had such great germination this spring. I can't wait to use it for cuttings.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Nope, just a south facing window in a small room. The shelves have plastic covers on them and a bunch of 20W lights so it gets really hot in there and humid since I mist with a water bottle. The sweet peas were started outside in jiffy peat pellets last fall though and never came inside. I have coleus cuttings in my kitchen window right now and some ornamental sweet potatoes in water in mason jars! When I find something I want I run with it! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.