no more warm sun ....

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

for a while.

chilling north wind today bringing hail and very heavy rain. At least we had a brilliant run of fntastic weather for 3 or 4 weeks

and the facts for Northern Ireland are
sunniest March since '61 averaging 5.2 hours a day.
driest March since '73
the temperature, which I dont agree with, was an average of 6.7 = 1.5 above the average BUT I had days on end of 14C with a max of 17C. I knew I should have taken notes in my diary

http://www.metoffice.com/corporate/pressoffice/pr20030331.html here is a breakdown for the whole country

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

The rain reached my part of Kent about half an hour ago (12.30ish)
No hail :) .............yet at least

Yes, shame you didn't note all the unseasonal weather - but there are only so many hours in a day lol

it would have taken seconds to make a note every day after work. there's always 40 years time.

........discipline! Never have mastered that one.......
lets hope so lol

Not mastered the spelling of it either LOL

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 1st 1:14 PM

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

well, it was miserrable here, but no rain to speak of, just a few little dribbles. O.K. if it's going to be overcast ,at least let it tip down with rain, I had to get out and water wityh the hose the other day ,as a lot of things were wilting.
The biggest thing I hate at this time of year is the blossom on the trees. I can guarentee without fai that when ever the cherry trees in our road break out in blossom, as they have just done, the wind comes along and blows it all off again.I was watching out of the window this morning,and loads of pink petals were flying everywhere.
Such is life!....

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Extremly windy here this afternoon. Rain started at 4.30. I was out gardening - tidying up lawn edges. Had to come in. Sigh.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

We got the rain today - but as we got the cold weather from the North Pole, it came as snow. Oh yeah. Our frontyard was s almost snowfree yesterday, today it looked like winter.

Thumbnail by Evert
Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

oh yes, exactly same in here.......just thought that where the spring lost?......it is strange.....one day I see papaver starts...and next week....I see snow every where.........I´m sure that neighbors tulips are under snow too....
I haven`t never liked word "back winter".......now I really know what that means.......I thought that tomorrow I go search coltsfoots...but maybe not..

We have the north wind too, so despite the sunshine it's cold :(
Oh well, can't last for ever and it is only the beginning of april. Hope your snow doesn't last too long!

great! very sunny day today....and the snow has melted nicely........warm!

Warmer here today too :)

we have clear blue skies here. the high pressure system is back.

About half of the snow melted today, we had clear blue sky, but now it is cloudy again. No more snow on the snowdrops :}

oh boys. that snow which melted...came back tonight.

We got it back ten five times.. looks really like January now, hate this!!! This week is from h***

I know the feeling; I have been tempted to attack late snows with hot water and hair dryers many times... Look on the bright side; it doesn't get any worse than it is right now, and spring is comming soon.

it have snowed the whole day...

Thumbnail by Mitjo

the sun is back big time here today. 18C/65F

Only just made 12C here :(
Cold wind still, but it was pleasant in sheltered spots - not that I got out there much. Never mind, I shall be out at the top of a dene hole in the morning, so hope it's as sunny then

"Only just made 12 C here"

Hey you've got nothing to complain about... We got 20 cm of snow in two days and strong wind all the time now.

LOLOL Evert. Yes, sorry about that ;)

muhahaha muhahaha muhahaha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.