Daturas and Cannas

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Anybody got any to spare please, will pay, but would like to give them a try this year.

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

hi Sheila I dont have any spare seed but do you know Bents garden centre (Warrington road)just outside Leigh, they have got some canna tubers that are very inexpensive. I was almost tempted to buy some myself!

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi Sheila,I've got some canna indica seeds spare if you'd like. Send me your addy and I'll get them off to you.
i sow these about now in heat, and they're flowering by summer, mine lasted well into autumn.This year I've left them in the soil, be interesting to see if they've survived this year as we've had a couple of frosts.

Thumbnail by sueone
Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Thanks Sueone, will send you my address through e-mail.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

indica beats big blousy varieties any day

Isn't it funny how you can grow something in the garden and admire it, but not really see it! It wasn't until I checked the photo on here that I realised quite how pretty yhe flower was.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi sueone, could you tell me the variety of your Indica? Thanks! :-D

Hi Sue,
it was sent to me just as canna indica, the chap who sent it said it grew wild near him to about 6ft tall.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks!!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm wondering if this is it?

http://38.scifstore.com/module/store/si/1203/

I have seeds of Canna indica

Sue who is selling the canna shown?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Mark, I'm not sure who the member is the but SCIF store name is Karchesky Canna

they look pretty much the same,not that I'm any expert,but I couldn't find the other name in any of my books either. I'm sure though that someone else will be able to pull something up about it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.