Nedd info on Sweet Shrub seeds.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Can anyone tell me how to start these from seed?? I have a few and I want to be sure and do it right.
Do they need soaking? Do they need nicking??

Any info will be appreciated!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

The root division is better. I have a SIL that has so many that you can't see the end of them. They are as far as you can see. I was going to get some and offer them here but haven't been able to go because of Bobbie not feeling up to the trip. I'll get you a rooting when I go. Probable won't bloom this year. Mine sure does smell good when it buds. It won't be long now. I owe haiger one also.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Jim! Let me know k?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh Jim, if you get more could i get another one? I sure like them. Brings back memories of my childhood.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Ok, I'm going to forgo manners here and ask for some too. PLEASE????? Let me know the postage and any fees you have for your effort so I can reemberse you. Thanks so much.
EvaMae

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7b)

Me too, Jim, no manners here, lol. I would love to have a couple or even one if you can get them. Is there anything special you are looking for? Let me know and I'll try to come up with something.

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

I just received a nice sized bareroot sweetshrub, I'm going to plant it this weekend. If it blooms for me this year, I'll have seeds this fall, maybe I'll get ambitious propagate some cuttings for everyone!

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

GEESH, and i just found my 4 sweet shrub seeds too!!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I am going to at least try and do the seeds. I think I have like 6 so I am going to soak them and nick them and we'll see what happens next!

I do want a cutting so don't forget me when you go Jim!

All the luck Carena, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. And if you do manage to get some started....let me know K?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Mollybee, can you come to the Fl swap? It is closer to ya'll this year. Think about it.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Actually Gingerlily sent me a invite this a/m. I haven't had a chance to get over to the roundup forum yet to check out the details on the location and all...but if it isn't too far, maybe I can swing it.
I'll have to talk to dh also. Will let ya'll know soon! K?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Great! Would love to meet you.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I just posted on that thread about all the info I'd need in order to talk to dh about it. you know "honey it's only such and such miles, it will only take us so and so hours to get there" LOL Keeping fingers crossed that it is close to me!! I'd love to meet you and the rest of the gang that is all planning on coming! sounds like alot of fun!!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Mollybee, tell him whatever he wants to hear to get him to come. He will enjoy it too.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

LOL done that plenty of times! We'd be bringing along our 3 boys too! 13,11,8 I know they'd have a blast too!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Yep, they can play in the lake and throw things and ask what is there to eat.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Yep that sounds just like something they would love to do!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

When and where in Florida, is the Swap? I live in Texas, but have lots of relatives all over the State. I will be there in April.
Please let me know. I am new to this Forum, I usually can be found in the Roses Forum, and Pets, and Trees and Shrubs...it is becoming more and more...
I just got a Viburnum plant, a Prunifolium I wish I could go outside and play in the dirt! But the ground is too wet and sticky, not to mention the temperature is not condusive to such things!
Let me know about the Swap I am not sure what I could bring, but...
Thanks,
Melva

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/t/371520/

This will tell you all the details on the swap!
Hope you can come too!

Welcome to DG!!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the link, Mollybee I won't be able to attend as I am in Texas You guys have fun...Pensacola is my home town, and I have been to Crestview...
Melva

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh shoot melva, was hoping you could make it!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Molly, if you can get to my house, I have tons of Sweetshrub too - they are a little tough to dig but my woods are full of them. Don't think I'd want to wait on the seeds to grow. They spread easily by the roots. The way I have felt lately, you'd have to dig your own tho.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Azalea, are you ok?

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

That'd be wonderful PJ! Now if I can just get ole dh off his duff we can make a trip out there. I'm still hoping for the chance to come to your plant swap!

I'd be more than happy to dig those little beauties!
hope you get to feeling better soon!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Just a really rough cold I think - plus I tripped last week and twisted my whole body - it hurts every time I cough. Jut no pep right now! Hope it doesn't last long -got work to do.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I hate hearing that PJ. I'd give it another day or so and if I wasn't any better I'd go see the Dr. You might have pulled something loose in there.
Take care of yourself and I hope you get to feeling better!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Spring is just around the corner and you know, that yard will be calling!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.