Lavendula rosea

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I love lavender and have several plants in white and lavender. These seedlings are just popping up this weekend. It is rosea (pink) flowers. Looks like I'll have more than enough.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here's a pic of the partial tray. It is so nice to see something growing with all the snow and rain outside.

Thumbnail by haighr
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Congratulations! They're looking great! I love lavender too, but never have been successful with them. I probably tend to over water them. I understand that they thrive on neglect!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I'd say that is true cause I am quite neglectful of mine. Have had them in the garden for years and all I do is cut the flowers for arrangements and swags. No other TLC.

Since lavender likes hot, dry conditions with little or no fertilization, you would think I wouldn't have any problem raising a plant that loves to be ignored. The problem is that I have amended a lot of the soil and perhaps it is too rich? How many different varieties of lavender are you growing?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have several established plants in both lavender and white. These just starting are all rosea pink. Thought the pink along with what I already have would be a nice compliment in arrangements.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I too, love lavender. Is it difficult to grow from seed? I have a few plants, and have had some success with dividing. I understand that it grows well from cuttings also. They don't do as well as I'd like,mabe too much moisture?

The pink colored Lavender sounds lovely! Will it still have the same wonderful fragrance?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Skyblue, the easiest propagation I have found is not cutting, but just taking a bit of the plant that has overgrown and is lying on the ground, put some dirt over that branch and voila a new plant emerges separate from the old.
Shirley, not sure about the aroma, as I have never had the rose before, but imagine it will still smell live lavender. I'll let you know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.