Where can I list my Greenhouse & Nursery business for sale ?

Monticello, IL(Zone 5b)

I own a successful well-established Central Illinois Retail Greenhouse, Garden Center, and Nursery Business and I am retiring.

I have a fully equipped, turn key profitable operation with excellent growth potential and room for expansion which I have priced low for swift private sale by owner at only $85,000 but do not know where to reach a grower/manager or passionate gardener ready for their own business.

I am even willing to finance the sale and I have posted the details about our business for sale on a web page: http://www.EadesGreenhouse.com but do not know where to go to post the link to let people know about it.

Given the time of year, I need to get the word out that I have decided to sell my business.

Right now is the perfect time of the year for the next owner to take over my operation. This way the new owner will have full control over the planning & production and would see an immediate return on their investment since they will have a full season's income from the business within the next few months.

My fear is that if I do not connect with someone soon, that it will be much harder for both of us, due to the seasonal nature of our greenhouse, garden center and Nursery operations (March-June).

I am a motivated seller and would appreciate any suggestions or assistance anyone has to offer.

Thank You.

Thumbnail by EadesGreenhouse
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I'd suggest listing it in as many sources as you can. Look up your local newspapers on the web. I bet some of them have classified pages where you can list for free. There's probably a number of smaller papers that have free listings or cost very little to list in.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Here's a page for used greenhouses http://h2othouse.com/html/used_greenhouses.html

And another http://www.greenhouse-bbs.com/bbs/classy.htm

This message was edited Wednesday, Feb 19th 6:19 AM

Dripping Springs, TX

Have you tried any of the gardening groups, master gardeners, 4-H, Large florists, Colleges with Ag/horti degrees,Vocational High Schools Etc?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Sounds like a pretty good business, Eades. If only I lived in IL!

Most State Ag Depts put out classified monthlys (free)...you should send in your add to them. Many people in different states may be interested in what you have to offer.

Also the classifieds in Mags like Mother Earth News and Organic Gardening. Just those two magazines alone has a fairly large circulation.

By the way, you should be proud. You seem to have built up a great business (and reputation).

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Greenhouse Grower Magazine would be a good spot. You can find them @www.greenhousegrower.com.
ßernie

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Since Dave's is a non-commercial site, it's best you advertise it elsewhere in detail. The above suggestions are excellent. Best of luck in your sale! :)

This message was edited Thursday, Feb 20th 12:50 PM

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

It is my dream to run such a business after I retire from my gardening business(design,installationand maint.) I wish you were closer! Your offering a great deal. GOOD LUCK!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.