A silly predictament - don't laugh

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Hi everyone - I have too much to plant, not a lot of space (50 X 150 city lot) and am worried I don't have enough of a sense of style to pull it all together. Right now, on the list are about 150 different kinds of seeds and bulbs.

You know how when you see a yard, and there's that extra little "I like this" when you see it - I'd love to get there rather than it looking like a hodge podge. I don't mean Martha Stewart obsessively organized, more of a pleasing sense of balance.

I have a lot of perennials, this is my second year in the house and I want to put in maybe 75% perennial to ease the work in subsequent years.

What's the best thing to do here - wing it, hoping that it all falls together and doesn't look too sloppy? Beg a friend? Hire someone to sketch it out? I know landscaping businesses make their money with the labor and plant markups - I have the plants and I'll do the work. Are there software programs that help organize? Any advice?

Sorry for sounding so silly about this - but, I'd really like to at least make a stab at doing it right the first time so subsequent years all I need to do is move a few things around.

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!