location of greenhouse?

Fulton, MS(Zone 7a)

This may be very dumb question but here goes. What is the least amount of sunlight you can have to make use of a greenhouse? I want a small one 8X10 or so (well really i want a big one but no room,money or good enough reason to give hubby) and there are places that get more sun than others, but water stands. So can I get away with say 4-5 hours of sun? Just for my grasses and weeds (that's what hubby calls them) I call them my flowers and beautiful they are.LOL Any suggestions,tips or should I just bring them all back in house for winter but I have twice as many as last year.Help.They are all in containers(no dirt in yard just sand).
Thanks

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

Shade in the summer can be a very _good_ thing especially when summer temps soar into the 100's. If the trees are deciduous, you'll have more sunlight in the winter months to warm your greenhouse.

Terri

Fulton, MS(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much hadn't thought about it but the shade will be good this summer and they are deciduous trees. LOL I'm in better shape than I thought. Now if plans I ordered will just come I can get to busting my thumbs. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.