what a great day we had today!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

my uncle james and i had a ball cleaning up he greenhouse and planting 29 different types of seeds today. i am posting some pics to show the progress. this one really shows a mess we had to clean up

Thumbnail by jcf
Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

another view of the mess

Thumbnail by jcf
Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

this pic shows some of the cleaning we got done

Thumbnail by jcf
Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

some planting done. the shelf will have to be reinforced tomorrow.

Thumbnail by jcf
Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

one last pic. more trays planted. we planted collards, turnips, chives, onions(bunching), several types of tomatoesw and peppers and alot of different hibiscus too. i am exhausted but we really had a good day.

Thumbnail by jcf
the Lakes Region, NH(Zone 4b)

Boy, JCF, I wish I was doing that instead of loading the wood stove to keep warm. Im in NH and its snowing right now. Mosses

Old Town (Gainesvill, FL(Zone 8a)

Wonderful wonderful job!!! I must get my batteries for my camera to share whats been going on in my greenhouse lately!!!!

Katrina

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

ts going down to 30 tonight and 25 tomorrow night. i use electric heat in my greenhouse.

Old Town (Gainesvill, FL(Zone 8a)

I couldn't get mine to heat with electric I tried and tried and left it running for a week but it didn't help at all. I ended up having a elec bill that cost me 150.00 more for the month UGH. I now have nothing in my personal greenhouse and in my nursery that I am startings greenhouse I have a 60,000 btu kerosene air forced heater in there and WOW it gets up to 100 easy no problemo hahah :)

Katrina

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

what size is your greenhouse? did you build it from a kit?

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

my present greenhouse is 12 x 12. it is built from treated 2x4's and plywood floors. pvc panels on the outside. we will be adding a large addition made from aluminum windows this spring and it will have a dirt floor. i cannot heat with gas or kerosene because my asthma will not tolerate the fumes. my electic bill usually runs about 75 dollars more for the greenhouse.

Boy, you and your uncle really did get a lot done! I am so glad that he's doing well.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Hi mosses and nicksgranny...welcome to Daves. jcf, you and your uncle sure did a lot of work and will have some great green stuff this spring!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.