Whats blooming in your GH?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Com'on you guys,its so cold and snowy here,I need tropical pictures.....

Show me whats in your GH thats blooming!!!

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

i wish i could take a picture of my lipstick plant for you it is full of blooms but my camerea is still in the shop back ordered part.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hmmm...here ya go, CC

Thumbnail by Horseshoe
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

And, altho these young kalanchoe flowers haven't developed their pinkish-red color yet, I'm looking forward to them! When they bloom they show their flowers for a long long time!

Thumbnail by Horseshoe
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

And of course, don't forget the lemon tree. (Have only one lemon left but it will be a nice tasty lemony-sweet one!) Tried to get a shot of the buds...and when they open up, the whole end of the ghouse smells so great!

Thumbnail by Horseshoe
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

And lastly, my ever-present pineapple that is taking FOREVER to ripen! (Dagnabbit!)
Hope these pics will help tie you over till spring.
Ta-dah ♫♫

Thumbnail by Horseshoe
Old Town (Gainesvill, FL(Zone 8a)

What beautiful pictures shoe that is so wonderful... I saw a hot water heater in the background there didn't I???

Katrina

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks. And yep, that is a water heater in the background. I put it in last yr. Our well water comes out of the ground pretty cold, too cold for watering young seedlings (like maters and peppers) and also too cold to moisten the germination trays. (It cools the soil down so much that it kicks in the thermostat that controls the heat mats. They are electric. I am a miser and prefer to save $$/electricity.)

Hmmm I never thought of that, do you think water will be too cold with our cold spells in florida to water my new plugs i got in ? Annual seedlings and perennial plugs....

Katrina

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love all your pictures Shoe,especially the lemon and pineapple.
I bought a pineapple the other day and took the top off ,trying to root it along with an avacado.Also have papaya seeds sprouting and every other tropical fruit seed I could get my hands on is planted and waiting for germination......

the brug is gorgeous!

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

great pictures shoe.
katrina, i fill a few buckets of water and have been watering my seedling that way and they are doing great. they do help store some heat too.

Ahhh soo in other words fill up some 5 gal buckets for heat storage and multi use it for watering huh??? Hmmm sounds like a good idea! I have to get some buckets thursday it is getting down to 14 here in florida what is going on!?!?

Katrina

This message was edited Wednesday, Jan 22nd 10:33 AM

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

i don't know but i wish it would stop it is going to freeze here again too. it got to 80* yesterday.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

thanks for the compliments on the pics, folks. I have Cala to thank for the brugs...she got me started last yr with some cuttings she surprised me with. So far I've only witnessed the blooms of Dr. Suess; this coming yr I'll hopefully get to see quite a few other varieties I have rooting in the gh!

Then you'll really have some pictures to show off huh shoe???

katrina

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Nice pictures, Shoe. I would love to come there and sit in your greenhouse and enjoy the good fragrances of things in bloom. I hadn't thought about the cold water, how cold is your well water?

Crossville, TN

Now...no one ever told me not to use COLD water on my seedlings!! Ya'll are not telling me all I need to know here!! Shoe...those a lovely pictures.....want a sick Tropical Sunset??? Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.