Great Job Gang

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Just look at all of the info that is flooding into the PDB from you all! Lots of people are stepping up and adding to it.

Once you get the hang of it,it's not so hard...Keep up the good work! We've got a long way to go before we catch up to the Daylily and Hosta people.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm cheering and clapping, too! Since Melody put out the "all call" plea, there has been a tremendous amount of information pouring in on the vegetables. I hope the onlookers are rounding up their books, growing notes and photos and getting ready to dive in!

It really is easy and quick to complete a few entries, especially if you're preparing your seed orders and have the information handy.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Quick???!!!!??? LOL

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, I think it's pretty quick (*grin*)

BTW, I took a look at January's usage statistics, and we've had an average of ~6,000 visitors to the PDB each and every day this month (that's up almost 1,000 users/day over last month.)

Of particular interest: a significant number of visitors found the PDB by searching for "tomato". A lot more found it searching for "crepe myrtle" :(

I'd guess that if we vegetable gardeners conspired to put our best food (er, foot) forward, the majority of searches leading to the PDB could be for vegetables of every type.

Just think how cool THAT would be: dozens of new threads in the vegetable forums each week, and each of them getting scores of responses. Vegetables beating out brugs in the daily newsletter. A HUGE pool of participants for round-robins. Feisty annual competitions for biggest, earliest and tastiest crops.

And then...WORLD DOMINATION by veggie growers. Imagine a world where rosarians rip out their prized plants to make room for tomatoes, beans and okra. Garden editors cast aside photos of perennials in favor of cover stories on vegetables, month in and month out.

And the ultimate vindication: the lowly green bean would no longer be the object of scorn in lunchrooms around the world. Schoolchildren would forego dessert and beg for a double portion of beans.

And we could look back and smile, knowing it happened because a small but determined group of gardeners spent a bit of their spare time in 2003, creating a juggernaut called....the Plants Database.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

*giggling* *chortling* You need to copy this over to the Jokes Forum, GV ;D The new revolution! Kids prefer eggplant to twinkies 20-1~ I love it!

But then you need to do the opposite: one reason I dropped out of the local rose club was my interest in roses other than for exhibition: I love to use them for cooking, perfumery, etc. A fruit bush! Cross-categorical training

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.