Plastic is on!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

At least one layer. The other goes on as soon as a nice, no wind day comes along.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

Wow! What I would'nt do for a GH that big.It must be some job getting the plastic on it.

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

what a fantastic greenhouse! may i inquire as to the cost and manufacturer? i am green with envy.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We bought it used, had to take it down & reassemble it. Bought new plastic. We got a lot of extras with it. A real fancy computer type thermostate system, 3 fans and a louver intake. The company that makes it is in George, IA. E-mail me for company name. Plastic goes on easy with no wind. We decided to put on the second layer this morning. By the time we got started fastening it down, wind was going preety good. Blew it off once so we had to pull it on again.
Wind blows here everyday except when the temp gets over 80 degrees!
Bernie

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

wow..that is what i call a greenhouse...lol..mine came yesterday...i cant wait...:)...very nice..cindy

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Congrats, Bernie! Ours is a huge ghouse also, and I always get so NERVOUS when we put on the plastic. (Friends of ours have a 100 ft ghouse and while putting up the plastic the wind just took it like a parachute! Ten people couldn't hang on to it and it ended up in the trees, no longer in good enuff shape to use. No fun!)

I'm crossing my fingers that our plastic will last either to spring time, or till my new plastic arrives and we get a very warm/calm day to put it on! (I finally found a source of the double-layered plastic, too! That will save lots of time and worry. Just throw it over ONCE, secure it, hook the fan up and it's inflated. I'm gonna love that!)

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Wow, that is a BIG greenhouse! The door on the end looks so small in comparison.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Thats HUGE,

I need 2 of them please.....

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Shoe, we had a 35 mph wind from the south yesterday. It has no protection from that direction. Everything stayed put.
CC, this one is 30x96, the one at the begining of this thread is 25x60,others are 20x88 & 20x72.
Still will probably run out of room. One down-fall, the heating bill!
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Mercy Bernie.............if you did that, coming on down to Texas and helping me with mine should be no problem for a high stepper like you!!

"eyes"

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Saw something about 80º there today, if I can find a cheap bus!
ßernie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.