Dames Rocket

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

I have heard these grow quite easy. Does anyone know if I can just put these seeds in the ground now in zone 6a?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Are your nights pretty frosty now? I'd think they'd be fine in the ground now. It reseeds like a devil here. It's biennial so the plants probably aren't going to bloom until the summer after next.

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes - the nights are pretty frosty now - is that what I want to wait for - - frosty nights? If that is the case - I will sow them in a week after the TG holiday is over.

On a side note - I had winter sowed Wild Lupine, Dracocephalum canescensis & Malva moschata in flats on my front porch. I have about 25 sprouts between them all that came up with the flux we have had in temp. around here. I potted the sprouts in cell packs for now and brought them in. Is it worth trying to keep these all winter long?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Well - that's up to you if you want to fuss with them. It's a little soon for winter sowing now. You don't really want them to start sprouting until spring and temps are a little too warm now. I bet in your zone ... those early sprouts will make it through the winter outside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.