Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Well, autumn's really here now!!
Though it's not really cold enough to be called winter yet. This morning the fog was thick first thing - my camera missed the worst of it (or, rather, I did !). All the leaves have gone from the Robinia now :(. Just a few others hanging on here and there

Thumbnail by philomel
Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

We have winter already. Gosh I hate those foggy days of Autumn..

I must be strange I guess. I really like them. Except if I have to drive in it too far :(
I love the effect of mist and low cloud in the landscape, it does all sorts of weird and wonderful things to it.

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

I agree with Philomel but I don't like it when I can't see anything! We get some interesting fogs here - like a white cloud over the lake. Beautiful.

We are calling it winter here now - we've had frosts and the first snow although that didn't last long but remained on the mountain tops. You need a warm coat outside and a thick duvet inside nowadays and it's getting dark early. It's only five weeks to the shortest day, after which it will really get cold here - but slowly lighter.

It's your mild English winters that I want to come home for! I've had to stop gardening now, until next spring.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

The picture of the fog is just beautiful! I love fog, but we rarely get any and its never a nice thick one when we do! I can enjoy, because I don't have to drive in it!! hehhe

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I like fog on summer, on lakes and meadows you know, but not in Autumn when it's wet... This year we had very foggy weather for about 1,5 weeks. Every day. Blah ¦Þ

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

We've had our share of fog and rain this fall in South-central Alaska. It's the middle of November, and we haven't even had a good hard freeze yet. We don't get as much fog as I would expect, considering we are a coastal town and surrounded by mountains. Maybe the winds blow it away.

Thanks djm, that's the view out of the room where my computer is :)
And over here i think we all wish for some snow and a freeze sometime over winter - which rarely comes gerddi.

Yes, days on end in autumn, i can see your point Evert

I'm amazed you're still getting the mild weather Weez. Have the effects of all that heavy rain you were having gone now, or is it still carrying on?

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

The rains have abated, for the most part, and the morning brings light frost, but it warms during the day. My crocus are beginning to sprout, and the bellis are still blooming behind the greenhouse.

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Its still quite mild here in Bolton, had virtually no frost to speak of, but I have just noticed that the leaves have all disappeared. That was very quick Im sure they were there at the beginning of the week! :)

We've had so much wind here our trees are all just about naked too. And it's really mild, which has allowed me to get on with lots of the necessary outside jobs in comfort!

here here, my back is killing me !! :D

Or are you killing your back??
:)

we may never know until it is too late :) actually my back is quite strong but digging out couch grass does not help. It is very hard work!

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

I tried to empty my greenhouse , fighting my way through the debris,ready to clean it, but the toms are still producing ,I've cut out most of them,and will tell hubby that he has a nice little job on this weekend!( washing it out with Jeyes, and I detest that smell with a vengance) Just what he likes...I think not!I grew some cannas in pots this year,so they'll have to go in, what is it best to do with the ones in pots? just leave them to dry out?My others are left in the ground over winter, so I don't have to think about them.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Got our first snow last night, but it is busy raining and melting now. I don't think I've seen the sun all day. This time of year, it generally is fully daylight by 11am or 12, then dark again about 4pm. Today, I guess we skipped all that and just went with a day of twilight! All this will probably melt off and it will just be soggy. This has proved to be a messy autumn in South-central Alaska.

Wow, i thought our day was short - but that's VERY short, and i spose will be shorter still til after Dec 21st!

You certainly seem to have hed more than your share of damp and dismal weather this autumn Weez :(

I'm still busy planning on the siting and 'if only' of a greenhouse Sue, got all those chorey things way in the future :)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

You are either up quite later or up awfully early, Phil? What time is it there?

I think it was 11.45pm when i wrote that. I didn't reply to you as i went straight to bed after
:)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Well, it's 11pm our time now, & I'm going to bed, as well! Looks like we're out of sync!

LOLOL Weez! Sweet dreams, see you in the morning/evening whatever.............

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.