tarogers5- my GH we talked tabout

Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

Here is the new greenhouse I was telling you about at the roundup. We bought 2 of the shade shelters 10'x20' from HD- $178 each and spliced them together with duct tape. We built a frame around the bottom with 2x6's and around the middle with 2x4's. There are 2 reason for the middle 2x4's :
1.)to make it more stable
2.)we are going to build a bench around the outer edges
3.) with the middle boards, we will have something to staple the film to. Let me explain. The regulation GH covering in the size it would take to to reach the bottom of both sides (35'wide) was going to cost us over $300. Making the sides shorter with the middle boards, (we had to "patch" around the bottom with another piece we cut from the same roll) we can buy the 6 mil. plastic at HD in a 20'x100' roll for only $36. It only lasts a year before it starts to get brittle so we always remove it. Good thing is, the shade shelters come with shade cloth for the tops so we can put that up during the summer!
Sorry for the bad pic, this is one of the ones that was in the camera when it got wet.
TL

Thumbnail by toadlily
Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

We also put a 16'x8' pond in the greenhouse so the water would help hold in the heat.
TL

Thumbnail by toadlily
Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

We did all this in one day! I will have to post the pics of the covering in place when I get a new camera :-(.
Pleaqse excuse all the construction junk laying around.
You can also see the hoophouse we built last year in the background on the right. That one was completed in less than 2 days.
TL

Thumbnail by toadlily
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Real nice. You say you bought two of them from HD. Question who is HD you have me interested now. And the pond is a real good idea. You could not save the camara??
Was checking the price of the plastic at Lowe's and was 148.00 for the same size 6mil roll.
Went to Home depot, lowes and sams but bould not find a shade shelter. What I did find was over 1000.00.

This message was edited Sunday, Nov 3rd 4:11 PM

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

HD is probably Home Depot
I did the same thing with mine ...kinda

It was what they called a portable garage,I got mine at Sams Club.......

I was hinting I now want 2 together....DH is ignoring my request........

Edited to add this link to mine.... http://davesgarden.com/t/348519/

This message was edited Friday, Nov 1st 6:25 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.