Need help with seed starting.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

My sister sent me some "Crinum Lily" bulb looking seeds. I have no idea how to start these! They look like a fig but yet they are hard like a bulb. Should these be nicked and soaked? or just planted in soil?? I only have the 2 and I really want these to grow! What should I do?? Has anyone ever tried growing these from seed?

(Zone 7b)

are they actually bulbs?

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Actually gnomey, They look just like the ones in that link you sent me!! Just like it!! Actually mine have sprouted out a little green knob looking thing....so now I am wondering if I should keep it in the dirt or what?

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

MOLLYBEE , try this:

http://www.discoveredmonton.com/devonian/getgro77.html

Good luck !
cristina

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Cristina!! :)

(Zone 7b)

How are they doing Mollybee? Hope they are growing for you. To be honest I wouldn't know what to do either.. but I always consult with google and DG to try to find out :)

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Actually I planted them both several days ago and I haven't seen any signs of life since....am wondering if I should dig them back up and let them lay out on the shelf for a while. That is where they sprouted out...but they didn't have any roots at all (I potted it up in the house)
So I am still up in the air as to what to do!!

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I'd leave them, Molly if they were sprouting they will be ok. Just wait and see.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

oops! Actually I done dug them up this a/m right before getting on puter....and actually the one that had sprouted out didn't look too good it was like the sprout part was turning brown close to the seed thingy :( So I am thinking maybe just maybe I can save it!

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

good luck, Molly. Still not finding you on messenger. Come out and play. Smile.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.