Did I say I liked the rain......

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Well I do......but not this much. Talk about monsoon!! I feel as though we are in Singapore again....lol!!! I understand there are similar conditions back home, according to Alan, so we are all in the same boat...uhum..excuse the pun!! The weekend again, just one more and I will be firmly entrenched in our new abode. Entrenched being the operative word here since the ground looks like a red mud bath. Rescued a little frog this morning, he got caught up in the deer netting, but he provided some entertainment for the cats who had a ringside seat of course. Just cut hubbie's hair, and in a little while we are off to the garden sales and hope to pick up some goodies at a bargain price - if I do I will let you know. So where is everyone? Having a good weekend I hope. :-)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh louisa, please send some to me!!! I need it so badly!!! It is another hot and dry day here today. I hope to get outside in a few minutes...Hey, where is the rest of the gang anyway??? Jo? Patty? Mary?Diane? Mark?? Come on you guys, chime in we miss yall!! Have a great day! Lisa

This message was edited Saturday, May 19th 12:39 PM

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello Louisa! Hello Lisa! Oh I'll be glad when these exams are over. I have three this week. It means I'm at the computer all the time and not out in the garden.
I put in a few more perennials yesterday morning. That's probably about all for the moment - give the ones I've put in a chance to establish and fluff out.
One of my poppies has come into flower today. It's an oriental variety. It's orange. To be honest I prefer a red, but it is pretty.
I'm intending to do my tubs soon, when this set of exams are finished.
Our weather seems changeable at the moment. Can't seem to make it's mind up!!
Bye for now!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane - try and make some time for relaxation. I hope all goes well for you with your exams :-)

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Diane, what exams are you taking? I hope they go well for you.

Busied myself in the garden this morning, trying to keep the prospect of nextweeks flight off my mind!! Planted a few things I bought at a plant fair last weekend. Hoping to go to a large palm and tropical plant centre tomorrow...can't wait (neither can my bank manager).
I'll tell you all about it tomorrow

bye for now
Trina

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Patty - I read your post on farm life and heard about the coming graduation. Congratulations!! My, you have been busy, I guess you don't have the rain then since you are painting. Pink is a good colour. In fact, back home in Suffolk we have a colour called just that - Suffolk Pink. It's lovely!! Post some pictures won't you! Trina - where are you flying to? Did you tell us and have I missed it somewhere along the line? Try not to worry :-)

Flying to Minorca in Spain. I wil be fine, I will be fine, I will be fine, I will be fine.....can you tell I'm nervous?

The only thing thats keeping me sane is the prospect of bringing home a few "Gifts" for the garden. Ive been told they have Agavas, and Cannas everywhere! Yiiiiippppppppeeeee

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Trina - I know what you mean. I have been flying since the year dot and was never worried about it. Lately, it has started to become a little niggling as I get older!! On a flight from Malta once, the steward knew I was nervous and he told me just to look at the flight crew. He said "are they worried about anything - of course not"!! I was OK after that. Spain is not too far away - take loads of gardening mags and chocs. You'll be just fine :-)

Thanks Louisa, for giving me an excuse to buy even more gardening mags and chocs!! lol

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

lol Trina - by the way, its STILL raining here and will do so for a few days yet. Bad timing for me!! Wanted to wash curtains, bedcovers etc. Ah well!!!!

well Louisa i shall give my bank manager your name, when he asks why i have no money!! I have bought 2 more gardening mags and a bag of toffee bon bons......yum yum. I will be in my element!

Hugs and Kisses to you all
trina

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Trina - you want access to my bank account???? ROFL!! I have spent so much in the past month its frightening! DH asked me if I had stopped buying plants (please, he said). Guess he doesn't want to move any more pots. BUT......this morning I went to Walmart and lo and behold there were my precious climbing Icebergs at $6.97 - about 4 pounds. Well naturally I couldn't leave them behind so I bought 4 of them. I mean...what a find!! Now I'm so contented I'm turning my back on all garden centres until we get the ground prepared. Well, that's what I told DH. Choc bob-bons - now, they really would make my day complete!! Happy gardening!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

4pm in the US and yes, it's still raining!!!!!

Sniggers quietly, its been nice and sunny here, :).

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I phoned my mum today - she's in hospital near Bedford - she said it was really warm. So yes Alan, you may snigger -I'll let you.....lol! How's your garden growing Patty? Are you ready for the graduation?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

It sounds wonderful Patty and I can smell the perfume from here. I love nicotiana!! Do you have the really fragrant Philadelphis coronarius (mock orange)? Comfrey makes a great fertilizer once its steeped in water, but boy does it pong!! I meant ready mentally for the graduation. They grow up fast you know :-). You are about three weeks ahead of us blooming time - but then we haven't had much sun in the past week. I think I told you mum fell and broke her arm and shoulder. Well, she's in a pretty nursing home where she is getting great care but she misses her little apartment. I would have gone home to be with her but I have to move soon and I will see her in a few months' time. Meanwhile I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters near her. Thanks for asking :-)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I love old folks Patty, they are so uncomplaining - makes me feel quite ashamed at times when I 'sweat the small stuff'. I know what you say about your dad. My father was very obstinate and totally independent - hated us fussing over him. He's gone now but I have such fond, loving memories of him.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about your mum Louisa. I hope she's making good progress. Good that she has so many of your family near at hand. Not long now till your move!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane thanks for your good wishes. She's pretty frail now at 87 and this fall has really knocked the stuffing our of her. If I hadn't been moving this week I would be beside her right now. No, not long before the move. We will take things down to the house before the movers get here on the 29th. Officially the house is ours this Friday and we will have the long weekend to move all the cats' stuff and the plants. But still the weather is proving a nuisance. The downpours are torrential and there is talk today of flash flooding, hail and wind and even the risk of a tornado. So all the plants have to be moved inside the shed again. They are beyond saturation point now. I hope you have a lovely day Diane (what's left of it). That goes for everyone else too :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.