Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

hydrangea, hydrangea. FOXGLOVE! hydrangea. GO figure!

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

lol Mings are you saying that the foxglove selfseeded or that you planned it this way?? I think that's fine and the foxglove will make a lofty statement and give more interest to the border. Your hydrangeas look as young as mine do. :-)

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I put this all in this June. The foxglove was really tiny when it started. Not from seed. but a small plant. It must love it there.! I am hoping that with in 4 years or so. that they all fill into one plant. (hydrangea). Will probably have to relocate foxglove. had no idea it would get that large!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Or when the time is right you could just bring it towards the front of the border somewhere, since it likes it so much there. Foxgloves really do love the shade :-)

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I believe it bloomed this year. so. maybe next Spring move it? I just put it in . Am afraid of moving it 2 times since June

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Move it? I thought foxgloves were all biennals.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Not all. There is a perennial! :-)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Good to know! If I ever get a garden space again I'll have to try to find it!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

lost me there/ what does that have to do with moving a plant?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

BIENNIALS are plants which take two years to grow from seed. They flower, produce seeds, and die. In the first season they grow roots, stems, and leaves, but it is not until the second season that they produce flowers and seeds. When the flower produces seeds the plant dies. But that's where self-sowing comes in and the continued show of flowers year after year. So it's a good idea to grow them in quite a decent sized border where they can seed freely!! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.