Brussel Sprouts

(Zone 5a)

This is the first year that they have done this well and I can't wait to get my first taste of them.

Thumbnail by windsurffer
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh u lucky to have this, this is my favorite and last 2 and 3 years ago did not grow well. =(

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow, good going! I just set some plants out yesterday, and taking a risk at that! (I'm about 3 wks later than normal.)

Won't be long your babies will be rollin' around in butter then staring up at ya from a plate!

(Zone 5a)

Your so right Shoe and I can't wait my mouth is watering as I type lol.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Wiond, how do you control the aphids and bugs on brussel sprouts? Everytime I have ever tried them they just get infested with aphids.

(Zone 5a)

I spray them with Seven dust, not the liquid.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Wow, windsurfer yours look fantastic. Here is a pic of mine taken at the beginning of August. The sprouts are about twice as big now, but not clumped like yours. What variety is that?

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Oops. Posted the wrong pic! You can't even see them. I'll find that other pic........Lol.

(Zone 5a)

Sue I bought the plants and the tag only said Brussel Sprouts. They are even larger now and one has an off set plant starting to grow. I am not going to pick them until the first frost, I will post a picture then.
I use the leaves in my mixed greens so I don't waste any part of the plant except the stalk.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.